update...bankruptcy and divorc

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Jan 29, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Last week I posted to a thread in regard to bankruptcy and divorce. My friend was afraid to get a copy of her credit report because she had a judgement filed on her for the deficit on her house after sale. Her husband "the deadbeat" went bankrupt. And of course she got stuck with the bill.

Well, this is interesting, we pulled her qspace credit report today, The judgement was filed August 1999 and paid May 2000. She has two 30 day lates from about 5 years ago. She has 7 open accounts in good standing, and 17 total accounts in her file. 5 revolving, 2 installment.

Maybe we could use this as a guideline. Her score is a whopping 747. And she was afraid to pull her report? I don't think that recent paid judgement had much bearing. What do you think?

2. John S

John S Guest

RE: update...bankruptcy and di

Nobody should ever be "afraid" of pulling their own credit report(s). In fact, you should be more afraid if someone ELSE pulls them BEFORE you get a chance to pull them and remedy any issues.

Qspace score doesn't mean squat. Neither do any of the non-FICO scores. In order to know her REAL scores, the report has to be pulled from a lender (i.e., mortgage company, auto loan) who pays Experian, Equifax or Trans Union for their risk scores. Once you know her FICO, Beacon-98 or Emperica-98 score, bring it back. It won't be a 747. I have two 5.5 year old paid collection accounts ($52 and $85), a home mortgage, two car leases, everything up to date, never late, many years old, and my scores range from a 677 to a 700 even - without a judgement on my history.

Tell her to NEVER be 'afraid' to pull her own reports.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

RE: update...bankruptcy and di

747 sounds kind of odd

jamie wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Last week I posted to a thread in regard to bankruptcy and divorce. My friend was afraid to get a copy of her credit report because she had a judgement filed on her for the deficit on her house after sale. Her husband "the deadbeat" went bankrupt. And of course she got stuck with the bill.

Well, this is interesting, we pulled her qspace credit report today, The judgement was filed August 1999 and paid May 2000. She has two 30 day lates from about 5 years ago. She has 7 open accounts in good standing, and 17 total accounts in her file. 5 revolving, 2 installment.

Maybe we could use this as a guideline. Her score is a whopping 747. And she was afraid to pull her report? I don't think that recent paid judgement had much bearing. What do you think?