Update - Experian was served

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Sep 1, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

my lawsuit yesterday. They now have 20 days to answer. If they don't answer, I have to file an application for default and send them a copy. They then have 10 more days to answer before I would get a judgment. I'm sure they will either file an answer or contact me as I did include an offer of settelement, in which I offered to settle in exchange for permanent deletion of 5 entries.

Next update within 20 days.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

settelment = settlement

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Good Luck

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ka-Pow! And they're off...
    I hope it all works out for you LKH. Finger's crossed.

-Peace, Dave

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

LKH,

PLEASE keep me posted on this. I am going to my local courthouse on Wednesday to file my suit against Experian. I, like you, am going to include a settlement letter in the court papers. BUT, in my state they have 30 days to answer. I would like to know how it turns out.

TIA

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Good luck!!

7. danny

danny Member

LKH,

I thought you filed a small claims lawsuit? Do they actually have to file an answer on small claims in your state? As far as I know, in CA, they get served, we settle, or they show up on the court date. If they don't show up, then I can get a default decision. I haven't seen anything about them needing to answer the complaint, at least nothing I've read so far, and the clerk mentioned nothing about it. Maybe I need to give the clerk a call. I'm curious to see if they were served yet anyway.

Good luck to you again. Update as soon as you hear anything, and I'll do the same. I'm getting anxious!

later,

danrs

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I did file a small claims suit. In Arizona they don't give a court date until the defendant has had time to respond. Once they respond and file an answer, then the court will issue a court date. I did give them the option to settlw without going to court. Just delete the 5 accounts and I will drop the suit.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

GoodLuck!