**UPDATE** I got my reports!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shirley, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Okay, I got the reports from Experian and from Equifax and I have a couple of questions that I would be so grateful if someone could help me out.

---------
    I bought a car in '91 and it was paid off in '95. It was in my name and the day it was paid off I signed it over to my ex. There is a Potentially Negative Item on my Experian. It is the only one listed under that header:

Potentially Negative Items

Ford Motor Credit
    Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until 9-2002

I guess the above means that at some point he paid late for the car and this notation will stay on until 2002? Is that really that negative? That six years ago a payment was 30 days late? I"m not asking that in an incredulous way, I just have no clue.

----------
    ACCOUNTS IN GOOD STANDING

Chase

Could have fooled me but okay.
    -----------

Gulf State Credit

Original Creditor: Sold Collins Financial 1999

Date Opened: 10/1999
    Reported since: 12/1999
    Date of Status: 12/1999
    Last Reported: 12/1999
    High Balance: NA
    Recent Balance: NA
    Recent Payment: NA

See the Equifax info below for more info on this one.
    ---------

Bloomingdale's

Again, okay, if you say so.
    --------------------

There have been two requests by Gulf State in 1999 but no inquiry since then. I had no clue who or what this was until I saw the Equifax report. I'll include that info below.

That was all for the Experian report.

----------------------------------------------

EQUIFAX

There is nothing on this report at all except for the Gulf State Credit LLP notation. Under Account Number there is the name of a bank that I once had a credit line with.

However, it says Date of Last Activity: 12/1994

-------------------

Can I write to them to remove that since the last date of activity was 1994? What about the Experian report that does not mention any date near that

Thanks so much again for any assistance.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: **UPDATE** I got my report

Hi Shirley,

Dispute the late payment. Late payments can only stay on 7 years from when the late payments was placed. Dispute it and watch them remove it.

Dispute as "never late". More than likely if they verify the late the date is old and it will disappear anyway. Bottom line Dispute that late payment.

Dispute the Gulf State item as obsolete. Ask them to remove the item b/c it is now obsolete to your file.

Handle each report independently. Dont worry about what is one and not on another...

good Luck!

roni

3. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Thanks so much roni. Can I just write a letter stating:

Please remove this item..... it is obsolete. Is there a form letter that I can use on the web.

With regards to the Ford, can I simply write and say:

I am disputing this as it was never late. Please verify or remove this item...

The other thing I meant to ask before is the credit report has a whole slew of addresses that are very old and has only my maiden name. I got married last July.

Is there a change of address form that I can send them so they remove all those old addresses and have current info? They also have no employment info on file. Should I try and get that added to the report?

Again. Thanks so much. Your help has been wonderful.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont suggest or know of a form letter for the addresses etc. I would just photocopy the address section, attach a letter stating you want them off b/c you never lived there with them highlighted.

As far as the Ford and Obsolete item, that is correct.

goodluck!

roni