Update on Bank of America's In

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doug, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Applied early Friday evening, and received the application is Pending. Check back in 24 hours. With the weekend and New Years, still the same. Tonight at about 9:00 PM Received the Congratulations! You've been Approved. Your Platinum Mastercard will be mailed within 5 business days.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Update on Bank of America'

Excellent! Congratulations, Doug! I have looked at the BOA Platinum, and know that there are three different rate options to choose from: which one did you pick?

Also, you know your line will be at least $5K since it's Platinum :)

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Took the 3.9% balance transfer for 6 months, go to rate is about 19 or so. Took that one because of easier to qualify. Limit is 6800.

4. Tony

Tony Guest

I also applied over the weekend and was approved too. I went for the 8.9% fixed balance transfer. Got $7500 credit line. I can't wait to try out their concierge service. Anyone tried their service before?

5. mj

mj Well-Known Member

WARNING--- I did the 3.9 as well, figuring I could negotiate the "go to" rate when it kicked in ... WRONG. They wouldn't budge on it for me. So I xfer'd the balance at 6 mos. to Chasse for their 2.9. Six months later, B of A gave me a 9.5 fixed-for-the-life-of-the-transfer offer.

My partner got the 9.9 fixed.

I kind of like the no-nonsense 9.9 deal... but hey, I'll take "nearly" free money at 2.9 or 3.9 any day.