update on citibank denial

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Oct 18, 2000.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I got my denial letter today and as they told me, the reason I was declined was a chapter 13 early last year. I called again and told them that the bk did not go through. (it was cancelled and I paid the debt). I told them I already had it removed from my Equifax report.
    The rep told me if I get it off my Experian to fax it to them and I will be approved. so, the dispute letter to exp. went out today.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

How long will your application with Citibank stay on file? 30 days? Are you going to stay in contact w/ Citibank and update them on your progress?

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

They told me it must be done within 90 days. she gave me the fax # and told me to send my updated report immediately upon reciept.

4. Cadillac408

Cool!

I'll pray to the credit Gods for you! ;-D

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: Cool!

Thanks. I need all the help I can get.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You know I'm praying.

7. Cadillac408

You better pray since you're the new Black Sheep of the Creditnet board! ;-D

Just kidding Roni....

<joke people....joke!>

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

the blackest sheep here.lol

9. will

will Active Member

Denial due to BK

I got denied for my BK in 94. Most of my denials cite the BK. I guess I'll just stick w/Sub-Primes for a while.

10. miles

miles Well-Known Member

This is so strange 1kh. Remember me saying before that I did not have a bankruptcy showing on my credit report? Well, I didn't at first. However, I did file a chapter 13 maybe over 11 years ago? Everything was paid & due to sol it was removed from my reports. No problem. Low & behold when I receive a copy of my credit report, there is a company which is re-reporting the bk info on an account that has a zero balance! This account has not been listed for years & all of a sudden they are reporting again. My report states that I filed bk in September of this year! I am furious! I called Citibank last night to check on my application. The rep stated that a letter is forthcoming & stated that they can't approve my account right now because of the RECENT bk. I explained that this is an error. She informed me to do the same as you and when my report is updated, fax in a copy. I have already sent letters to the bureaus disputing this information. All had better work out or I am contemplating legal action as this re-reporting thing is against the law. I am so mad I could spit fire! Will keep you all posted. Thanks for listening! :)