update on my equifax dilemma (

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laura, Jan 19, 2001.

1. Laura

Laura Guest

I went to the local credit bureau, since equifax online referred me there. Well wouldn't you know..Miss Personality of the Year waits on me. I think she has been there since the building was built. First she tells me I am a fool for obtaining my CR online that any fool can now see it, if they know my name. I kept quiet. Then she proceeds to ask me why I am trying to dispute items. I tell her some are duplicates, some aren't mine etc. So she says I have to obtain a report from them first for $9.20 and I refuse seeing that I paid $8.50 last night. She finally sighs (loudly) and says OK!! After she pulls the report and I tell her the first item to dispute she asks why. Well I was divorced in March of 1995 and my ex opened a furniture account in July 1995. She says well I'm sorry you need to see a judge about that. By this time I'm getting a little pissed off. I explain to her again and she says that is a "family law dispute" and we don't handle those.

I move on to the next items to dispute...7 different things that are each reported twice. Meaning 7 negatives for nothing. All are old medical bills the highest one was for $64. She says well maybe they sent it to two different collection agencies. I was like DUH, I want it removed. She tells me if I will just pay it now, she will remove the duplicates and show the ones left as paid. About this time I told her to go to hell and I would mail certified letters to them and equifax and walked out. Man, the lady was an idiot and I left madder than I was last night when I found out I couldn't dispute online. So now what? Do I have to go through them still?

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

RE: update on my equifax dilem

Arghhhh! I hate my local bureau too

Unfortunately yes, you will have to go thru them. If you send the disputes to Equifax they just forward them to that branch anyway

I'm having the same problem

It sucks!

So I did a lot of creditor direct disputes

That's been working

Kelly

3. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

Just forget that ever happened and start from scratch.

-Alwilda Smith

4. Laura

Laura Guest

Kelly explain

help me out what you mean??

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

RE: Kelly explain

I disputed the entry on my credit reports directly with the ones reporting the information. The great thing about that is it will be removed from all the reports when they remove them. I was actually trying to negotiate because I couldn't get them removed via the bureaus. This letter seemed to do the trick with some. Still waiting on reply from others http://board.creditnet.com/read.php3?num=1&id=28591&thread=28547

I'll take what I can get

Kelly

6. Saar

Saar Banned

The certified letter w/ return receipt would cost you more than what she had asked you to pay.

It doesn't matter if you're right or not. What matters it whether you handled it smart. Doing what that old fart said, was in your best interest. It would remove 50% of your collections and mark the others as paid, and have all this done immediately. No phone calls, no follow ups, no nothing.

Saar