Update -- VICTORY -- Medical/Chiro

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by supershawn, Aug 6, 2003.

1. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

A while back I posted that I was having problems (out of the blue) with a letter from a CA (semi-lawyer) for a Chiropractic bill that was mainly bogus....inflated charged for non-performed services as well as a date that I was not even in town for.

Basically, the bill was for $665.00 for a $30 office visit that I most likely paid the day of service, as I always had.

Anyway, as of yesterday, it is OVER. I WON! A little research and about 6 certified letters and I got a "paid in full letter' as well as a 'please lets work this out (regarding a complaint to the State Board of Chiropractic Examiners)'.

I furnished my travel receipts showing I was not in town as well as 70 receipts (CC statements and canceled checks) showing my visits were always $30.00, not the $300.00 he was claiming.

Not only did he not get his extortion money, he is probably going to get a severe 'ding' on his practice by the State Board.

I just hope that others his not fall for his scam and joke of a letter from his 'quasi-lawyer' friend.

Anyway- Read, Research, and don't take crap from scam artists!

I beat this guy fair and square, and it only cost postage and a little time.

Thanks to all who offered advice and pointed me in the right directions.....

Shawn

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Good job!! Congratulations, and glad to see you back.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Great post
    & please stick around.
    Nice to dee you back.
    How's it going.