UPDATED REPORT QUESTION

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Mar 4, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Has anyone deleted items, and then had the credit bureau send an updated report to anyone with whom you've been denied credit in the last six months? If so, did it work for you? And what does the creditor do with it? Do they reconsider you, that is if your application is still on file?

The reason I am asking is if I get all my negatives removed, I may want to do this to avoid another inquiry by the same company and it would save me time if the bureau sent it. I realize you could just call up the creditor and fax the new report too. Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have done that (had the credit reporting agencies send a corrected report to any one who has denied me credit in the last six months), but NOTHING ever came of it.

They probably type notes in their internal computer, stating on xx/xx/xx date your report had no lates, no BK, no over limit, no collections, OWED TOTAL $ XXXX, CREDIT LIMITS TOTAL $ XXXXX THEN TRASH IT.

If your in the "60 DAY WINDOW", I WOULD FAX OR MAIL THE DENIAL LETTER WITH THE CORRECTED CREDIT REPORT SO THEY WON'T PULL ANOTHER CREDIT REPORT.

But there is NO guarantee that they WON'T pull another (but I would dispute the second one as a "DUPLICATE" or ask them to change it to ACCOUNT REVIEW "AR").

DON'T FORGET, CREDIT REPORTS CAN CHANGE EVERY MONTH...SO THEY ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO BE NICE TO YOU OR LISTEN TO YOU.