Updt-transunion=bastards,thieves

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by doodyhead, Sep 3, 2001.

1. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

Well, now they've gone and charged my credit card SIX times for 1 credit report. And I STILL can't call them until tomorrow, PLUS now I have an overlimit fee on my cap1, which will reflect in my payment history even if they reverse the charge.

Soo... beware! One credit report from transunion, so far... we'll see how many more times they've charged me tomorrow... costs $51.00 PLUS a $25.00 overlimit fee, that's $76 for one report. PLUS pain and suffering, and probably a lower FICO due to this.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

If I were you, doodyhead, I would MAKE TU pay for the over the limit fee when they reimburse you for your 6 reports. I would make them refund the ENTIRE amount charged and get your report for free for the aggravation.

3. doodyhead

That's a GOOD idea, erica! I am afraid I won't be able to get ahold of anyone though.

I think I'll sue them just for spite if they don't. : )

There has to be a law protecting a customer from fraudulent charges on their credit card (which these are)

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Do you have a local affiliate that you can go to? Bring your statement and explain the situation to them. They may be able to help you. Good luck! :)

5. doodyhead

So... I talked to the lady at TU this morning. She said I'd have to wait to get my $$ back. They have to process a request and send it to their home office... you know that routine. Well, I'd better get it back, I am very upset, let me tell you.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

most CC companies will protect you from double billing. Dispute the charges right now to protect yourself from late fee's etc..

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes, what sam said. And Cap One will take the overlimit fee off. I accidentally went overlimit by a small abount, called them - they reversed the fee and increased my LOC!!!

8. doodyhead

yes, they said as soon as the fees were reversed, they'd waive the overlimit fee. Thanks... I was stewing about this all weekend, can you tell?

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

yeah ;)