Upgrading to Gold or Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Centurion, Aug 18, 2000.

1. Centurion

Centurion Guest

I currently have a Citibank Visa (standard/classic level). I am considering upgrading it to a gold or platinum visa. I am not sure if I should just upgrade my Citibank visa or get a new visa. I have always had to ask for credit limit increases. They have always given it to me, but that may be because I didn't ask for them that much. I have been looking at the Security First Network Bank Visa (www.sfnb.com). Their rates are excellent, and they have an airline rebate program. Should I stay with Citibank or go with SFNB (or someone else)?

2. Pat

Pat Guest

RE: Upgrading to Gold or Plati

Citibank is the best in the industry! They were even kind to me when I had financial problems & Fleet charged off my credit card. They lowered the interest rate to 8% with no fees, and listed it as current. They got every dime back, plus 8%.

3. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Pat, I totally agree with you. About 6 years ago I ran into some financial problems and Citibank was more than generous by lowering my interest, the customer service rep. reversed all interest charges every month, and accepted my $100.00 payments every month for 3 years. And they got every cent. Would not trade Citibank for anyone else!

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

If the cards have no annual fee, you should keep the Citibank and get the SFNB. If you have 3-5 cards, it allows you to make money with your credit. I play the credit card shuffle with my numerous lines. This helps me get rewards and lower my interest cost and to obatin line increases without asking.

Profit from the experience.

http://www.creditsense.com