Upton Cohen is the worst

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by svincent, Aug 29, 2003.

1. svincent

svincent New Member

They garnished my husband's bank account the day after 9/11/01. We lived in New York City at the time and not only did we have to deal with the worst tragedy that has ever befallen this country, but we couldn't withdraw any cash from his account. I know there's no law about garnishing wages within a day of a massive terrorist attack but this just reconfirms what heartless jerks these people are!

2. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I believe that garnishment is a process that takes several days or weeks to complete. Most likely the garnishment was in process well before 9/11 and it just happened to be bad timing that it went through when it did.

3. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

My Ch7 BK hearing was the morning of 9/11 - I was first up and then the building evacuated.

4. cmferra

cmferra New Member

You think that is bad??? I PAID OFF my account with Household in June/July 2002, they WON a default judgement against me (was NEVER served), in April froze my account, my husbands, and even my 6yo daughters! Well anyway, these jerks are just that.....I even have proof from Household it was paid, if you call Household they dont even have a record of my account.........so needless to say this is in the courts and we will see what happens.......I hope you have better luck with them than I am.......