Urgent! about Experian! (long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I want to warn the board about Experian!

I have several items in the last few weeks that have come back verified exactly 8 days before the investigation is to be completed.

I contacted the companies's that they have allegedly verified and each time the company has no record of being contacted by Experian, they have record of Equifax and TransUnion but not Experian.

I checked my report this morning and an item that I have, the letter from the CA and a letter from the cerditor requesting removal and I have mailed copies 2 RR and faxed 3 times on separate occasions to Experian showed up verified on my file today. That is 4 items in the last month.

Do not trust Experian verifications, I strongly believe that there are inividuals at Experian playing around with people's files especially if they may think that your are trying to clean up your file.

Be careful with Experian!

Cypri:)

2. Cyprigirl

has anyone been having problems of this manner with Experian lately?

Thanks

Cyprigirl:)

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I believe I'm a victim

They are constantly sending back 1 page reports telling me that they will not re-investigate an account because it was previously verified. But yet and still, the other 2 CRA's deleted the account. WTF????

4. Cyprigirl

Re: I believe I'm a victim

I don't believe anything they say anymore and I am in the last stages before I file suit. I have already begun to draft my complaint and I am going after them for various causes, such as the inaccurate reporting and infliction of emotional distress, because I am really suffering with them.

If you are having the same problems please sound off maybe we can get a class action suit going because I am very certain Experian lies about their verification process, they are very sloppy!!!!!

Also check when the verifications always seem to come back, with me its exactly 8 days before the 30 day period is up. What a coincidence!!!!!

Cypri

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I know you're right because I disputed several of my boyfriends closed accounts. About 8 of them total.

Now his credit report says "updated 5/2001" on each of them.

But -- get this -- I didn't dispute it until JUNE 2001 and before now, none of those accounts have reported in years!!!

They're just lazy and think they can pull the wool over folks' eyes who don't know the system better. Just like the time Uncle Sam nailed all three of them for publishing invalid 800 numbers so consumers could NEVER get through to them.

Yep! That really happened just a few years ago and they all got fined $millions.

6. Cyprigirl

Well they sent me a few notes about FCRA ,, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

That I could always add a consumer statement to tell my side of the story, isn't that special!,, Yeah right!

I have given their legal department until Friday to clear it up so we will see what happens.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Re-dispute online, when they ask for a reason, choose "other", and in the box say you want to know HOW it was verified.

Tried it w/ an item they said they had "verified", it was gone within a week.

Saar

8. Cyprigirl

That is a good one Saar, I will try it.

Thanks,

9. Cyprigirl

Update:

I just checked EX report from CE ( keeping it) and they did it, they deleted the items, I had 3 deleted and 3 updated correctly,

I am expecting two more tomorrow, along with my inquiries.

I finally got someone's attention at EX.

But beware, with those "verfications".

10. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl....

Can you gauge when it actually updated? What time?

Tom

11. Cyprigirl

I just checked around 10:30 this evening EST.