Urgent! Am I F***ed???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FeliceRodo, Sep 2, 2001.

1. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

The credit offices of FCNB said yesterday no hard inquiry and credit report would be pulled for my request for a credit line increase.

I checked my TU this morning with KnowNothing.com and a hard inquiry is present from FCNB, dated yesterday. I was lied to.

Please, any advice or help appreciated concerning the removal of the inquiry!

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Call FCNB back and ask for a supervisor. Tell them what you were told and what happened and that the inquiry should be a soft inquiry - an account review = AR. Tell them you expect it to be changed.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I was told the same thing. I applied a while ago just for curiosity sake since I was told it'd show up as a soft inquiry...

You know.. they are using deceptive practices by telling us this and they're likely violating their contract with the CRAs if they so a soft inquiry for an application.

Go after them strongly and you'll likely get a delete and/or a card.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

We had this happen with an insurance company (Allstate)...when we found out, we wrote them a letter, faxed (after calling) the headquarters of Allstate, wrote the BBB, wrote PlanetFeedback and CC: FTC. Got a call from the headquarters and it was removed.

Good luck!

5. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Get it all in writing, or learn the tape-recording laws and get it on tape.

Otherwise, they'll just deny, deny, deny.

I've got another lender on the ropes in a similar situation... in writing.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

=====Another good reason to outlaw them=====