US Patriot Act II

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bhargavap, Sep 4, 2003.

1. bhargavap

bhargavap Well-Known Member

2. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

3. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

If you read the FCRA, those provisions are already in there, courtesy of Patriot Act I -- do a search for the word "camera" as well.

Sassy

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DUE TO THAT STINKIN' PATRIOT ACT I HAD TO GET A DRIVERS LICENSE FROM A CUSTOMER TO MAKE A MONEY GRAM PAYMENT FOR HIS $1,000 CASH CAR PAYMENT!!! STUPID FORD MOTOR CAR COMPANY WILL HAVE THAT CUSTOMER CRASH HIS CAR INTO SOME BUILDING NOW!!!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety".

Ben Franklin

5. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

George,

You saying you had to get an ID for someone to be able to pay in cash (money order or the like)?

Sassy

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: US Patriot Act II

"ELETRONIC" MONEY GRAM PAYMENT TO FORD MOTOR CREDIT...PAID IN CASH!!!

IT IS LIKE WESTERN UNION...JUST DIFFERENT COMPANY

They pay us CASH...we make the payment electronically...(along with a fee of like up to $8.50 I THINK)

7. t_sims224

t_sims224 Well-Known Member

This is frigin crazy. They are trying to take all that this country was suppose to be founded on. the thing is even with the patriot act allot of the stuff still say you are to request. Not that it is mandatory. Example if you were born in this country you are not mandated by any law to have to have a social security number. As that number is for those who wish to receive social security benefits. There are no mandatory benefits. If you recall.........you may not but if you look into it. You have to apply for a social. It is not mandatory that you apply. With that said knowing that socials are voluntary they cannot make anything solely dependant on having that number. Meaning they know that all they can do is ask for said number and some form of positive identification. Also note that it never says government identification. Just positive picture ID. Now don't get me wrong they will make it hard for you if you don't have that number but you can not mandate something that is voluntary. If you are still not getting what I am saying imagine someone forcing welfare on you. That is a benefit and if you don't want it you can choose not to par-take in it.

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

This type of thing is usually justified with a statement like "we all have to give up some of our rights so that..."

That is absolute nonsense. I never flew a plane into a building, nor did you. I never celebrated a mass murder, nor did you.

WE don't have to give up some of our rights. THEY do.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SEARS WON'T TAKE "CASH" PAYMENTS OVER A CERTAIN AMOUNT EITHER!!!

PATRIOT ACT!!!