USA Funds defaulted sutdent lo

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MrBelvedr, Nov 22, 2000.

1. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

Roni and others who have USA Funds Student loans-
    I have disputed USA Funds with some succcess. I remember Roni saying that she got all the USA funds deleted. USA funds is listed about 8 times on all of my reports, because they split the big loan into $750 loans. I had success getting them removed from my Equifax by disputing to Equifax that "Loan was supposed to be deferred." Amazingly they came back, and the status on Equifax is now "I0" which does no harm to my score.

I disputed the USA funds on my TU and Experian reports as "Not mine" and they keep coming back as verified. Have any of you gotten USA Funds deleted or changed in a positive way? I disputed with TransUnion again and this time my reason is "Loan was supposed to be deferred", and the "balance is inaccurate. I had success a few years ago getting one of the USA funds deleted by disputing the balance. TIA

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: USA Funds defaulted sutden

USA verified the loan until it was paid. Now, they are no longer on my experian or equifax. Transunion did not respond to junums dispute. But obviously USA funds doesnot verify after the default is 0 balanced. But, dont jinx me. I dont want them coming back.

roni

3. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

Thanks fof the good info. All my USA funds are zero balance. I wonder why they verified them for Transunion. Perhaps because I said they were NOT MINE. I read on the http://www.americanlonasearch.com website that one is NEVER supposed to dispute as NOT MINE if the accounts are 0 balance. How did you dispute yours Roni? What did you say in the letter exactly?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mr. B.
    Junum disputed it. And I guarantee you this, they disputed it as not mine. That is the reason for dispute on all my returned reports when verified. Junum is not all that bright. When I disputed my accounts, I disputed them as never late or incorrect balances. Transunion is notorious for stalling or not responding to disputes. But they did drop 9 defaulted loans in april 2000 for me. When they really do investigate it is positive.

roni,

5. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

If the credit report is reporting accuratley that the balznce on the account is zero, doesn't it look suspicious if you dispute with the CRA that the "Balance is incorrect" doesn't it look suspicious?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Let's try this again.

I dispute all my accounts that way. Not necessarily 0 balanced student loans. FYI: USA Fund did not update my account properly. They had 0 balance with $7,000 in the past due column. So, I can only speak for my own accounts. You can pick a good reason for dispute based on your own credit report. Dates, lates, it doesnot matter, pick a good reason that makes sense.

roni