Use or know of Citi financial?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Jul 22, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I received an application for an installment loan from Citi financial for $5,000 to $10,000. I assume I got the application because of my Citi AA card. Anyone have experience with them? The interest is high, but I was wondering just in case the need arises. Anyone know of the credit score requirements. I don't need to waste another inquiry.
    Thanks.

2. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

Mike B,

This entity would be considered a finance company. It is the sister co of Citi Bank. It would be alot easier to qualify for a loan with Citifinancial as compared to Citibank.

However, I have seen comments over the past couple of days about finance companies hurting the FICO score. So you may want to proceed with caution.

As far as how easy it is to qualify you can judge by the interest rate. They offer some loans at 25%. Easy to qualify, a lifetime to pay back. They are on the same playing field as Household Finance and Beneficial Finance.

Good luck,
    PuuOoPaul

3. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

well, I've got two chargeoff's from them. When I was having financial problems, they happily offered to "re-write" my loan for me to so they wouldn't have to show it as late. Boy was I a dork. I didn't realize that meant paying more interest all over again. I think they were charging me 24%. They are reporting the 2 chargeoffs 3 times each! with different dates & account numbers. I think they're trying to screw me over. It shows 6 chargeoff's from them instead of two. bastards.

4. dtembe

dtembe Active Member

FYI:
    Citi Financial is a part for the citi group. They used to be The Associates before CitiGroup purchased them.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

these places will loan you cash for 21-30% interest!! Unless you are anticipating falling out on debt and need the cash :) don't even bother.

like norwest financial etc, they will rape you on interest!!

If you have a CITI AA , get another Citi card if you need more $$credit$$