Use www.accountonline.com ? ??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Mar 1, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Anyone login and use the "NEW INSTANT CREDIT INCREASE EVALUATION" button?

What did it say???

sam

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Re: Use www.accountonline.com

OK, I already knew that your acct has to be 6 months before increase, but anyway...
    Initially logs into my Citi acct (4 months), I changed it to AT&T Universal (just made 6 months). When I clicked the link, it opened up a credit increase form that I had to fill out (employer, salary, address, etc.....). Backed out, changed back to Plat Select. Clicked the link again, declined because of High Balance, Your recent balance was too high, relative to your credit limit, on your account.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Did you apply for increase on your universal or on your citi?

You seem to indicate you tried to apply for the citi one but it is only 4 months old?

sam

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't clear - I'll try again :)

I can access my Universal account from Citi's site, since they own Universal, but all the *features* don't work the same; for example, I can't do a balance transfer online - I have to call.

When I log into account online, it defaults to my Citi Plat Select account. Since I already knew that one wasn't eligible yet, I changed the 'active' account to Universal. When I clicked the link, the request form came up for me to fill out and submit, and I would hear something in a few days/weeks/whenever. Instead, I backed out, went back to the acct selection, set Plat Select to be the current account, then clicked the link again. This time, I got the denied response, with a link to a page that listed all the decline reasons and what they mean (details). Funny, though, the first time I did this, accidentally, a few weeks ago, it just said I wasn't eligible because my account hadn't been open long enough (6 months). This time they hit my credit report, TransUnion, by the way, when before it was Equifax. Don't know yet if it was a hard or soft inquiry. So yes, I did apply on my Citi acct. They changed the way it works, apparently.

Hope this made more sense!

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Yes. it is back to the "OLD" system which is not instant approval.

We have received your request for a credit line increase and have forwarded it to our Credit Department for review. You'll receive a letter from us within 7-10 business days.

Thank you for using Account Online.

Is all they had to say..

hmm.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Last year they give me increase my AT&T cards 1500 dollars on the spot without checking my credit.No hassle and easy.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Can you access your AT&T Universal Card through Citi site?I know Citibank own AT&T Universal. The account access button works almost the same as accountonline.com. Both Citibank Cards and AT&T Universal can autopay or click pay to pay your bills.