Useless Fact of the Day

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jun 24, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I bought a handheld black light at the petstore today. They advertise it as a tool you can use to find where in a room your pet might have had an "accident". In fact, it really does work great for that purpose.

I was walking around my computer room with the black light (otherwise the room was dark) looking for my cat's "accident" and one of my Mastercards was laying on the desk. As I walked by the desk, the letters MC were glowing on the front of my card. I got out my other Mastercards, and sure enough when exposed to black light the letters MC are visible on the face of the card.

I started pulling other cards out of my wallet. My Visa cards all have the image of the bird that's in the hologram on the bottom right embossed on the front of the card, only visible to black light. My Cobalt card says AMEX across the top when put under the light.

2. brad

brad Well-Known Member

My god Watson,I think you have stumbled onto something!!!!!!!!

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Gosh, Dave,

You must really have too much time on your hands!

Now if only you could hold that black light in front of your credit reports and make the bad stuff fade away. If you should be able to do that please let us all know so we can all run out a purchase one of those black lights ;)

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Dave,

Thia was just too much - LOL!!!

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Hehehe... Later on I also found out that the security stripe in a $20 bill glows under black light. Also, a Disney dollar has lots of florescent dots (that look kind of like stars) that show up.

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Dave,

Now checking for counterfeits?

You are just too much.

Soon you'll revert back to the early 70's when those black light posters were out. You'll be sitting in your computer room with these posters stuck all over the walls, the lights out and several black lights causing the vivid flourescent effect on the posters. You'll be sitting on the floor in the middle of the room smoking that funny stuff and be totally zoned out on the effect of the black light!

Oh no...we may have to save you! Sounds like this could be the start of an addiction! ROFL

7. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking...

Pretty soon he'll be found (with a month-old beard & in his jammies) using his black light to poke through the neighbor's trash in the middle of the night.

Hey Dave! Didn't I read somewhere that excessive black light exposure causes sterility?

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

One can only hope! I really don't want any children.

9. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

In that case, the posters are probably a good idea!
    Hey! Have you checked the logos from the puter?

10. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

I mean the mc/visa logos...

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GREAT DAVE!

Hi Dave - after a rough, tiring Monday at the office - I enjoyed reading a useless fact of the day.
    My boss tells me useless facts all day too ...LOL!
    c ya dogman

12. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: GREAT DAVE!

At last someone appreciates me!

13. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Dave,

We all appreciate you!

Manny

14. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Always Dave - hope the feeling's mutual - I am in Vegas on and off.
    cya dogman

15. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Cool! I have a black light in my computer case (with a window). I should check out my credit cards. I doubt the First Premier (my wife got it... :( ) would have it.