Using Junum..Equifax says frivolous

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Christi, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

I finally received letters from the CRA's regarding Junum's disputes. Equifax simply sends a little sheet of paper that has the State Attorney General's address at the bottom. They handwrote on the top in red "Please refer to several letters mld to you since 0101". Then they highlighted this sentence "Public Law 91-508 of the FCRA does not require the Credit Bureau to make investigations when the disputes are deemed frivolous". I have mailed them numerous letters Certified RR and have heard absolutely ZILCH from them. By the way our local bureau in my hometown "owns" my Equifax file. They are hard to deal with and won't do anything when I dispute. What next? I need help. Everyone else is removing incorrect and outdated information and they won't budge. I even have one account on my equifax that my ex-husband and his new wife opened AFTER we were legally divorced. I took them copies of our divorce papers and they said too bad Texas is a community property state. I said but we were divorced. They said contact the creditor, nothing we can do about it. HELP ME!!!!

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Using Junum..Equifax says frivo

Christi, it sounds like you have the makings of an excellent lawsuit against Equifax.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT'S A LOSE~~~~LOSE DEAL.

The CRA tells you to contact the credit card company...the credit card company tells you to contact the CRA...

I had PROOF of errors (WITH CORRECT INFORMATION) I sent to the CRA's from the credit card company...THEY SAID WE DON'T ACCEPT PROOF FROM CUSTOMERS!

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Time to pay an attorney.

Saar

5. Christi

I can't afford an attorney and don't really know what to do next. Is there a letter or something I need to send them saying they MUST investigate my disputes and that it's not my fault THEY are reporting inaccurate information. The problem is that Junum is going to send them more tomorrow. I don't want to really piss them off, they will never do anything for me then, but they owe me my "right" to an accurate credit report. GEEEEEEEEZ I'm really discouraged and don't know what to do. Living in Texas almost all creditors pull Equifax so if I can't get it straight I'm still up *&^% creek without a paddle if ya know what I mean.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Well there's you answer. You won't retain an attorney so why would they budge?

Saar

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You don't need any attorney.
    All you need to do is to learn who to fight and how.

As it is, you are just chasing your own tail, getting nowhere simply because you don't know what to do next.

You have to follow a system when argueing with these nuts.

They are just using their normal terrorist tactics on you. Nothing new in that.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Yet another "pay me $50, I'm not here to share my advice, I'm here to make money" post.

Saar

9. Christi

Thanks guys, but that doesn't help me out any. I can't afford an attorney period. I am a single parent and do good to get my bills paid, that's why I'm in some of the situation I am. Is there any help ANYONE can offer me? What step is next? What letter do I send? ANYTHING???

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Then learn the law and file a small claims suit yourself. So far this strategy has shown 100% success rate (if you're willing to settle for deletions).

Saar

11. Christi

Saar,

I'm willing to do whatever it takes, but where do I start? Where do I learn the law and the types of letters to send or how do I file the lawsuit? I need more information on how and where to start. I'm not that good obviously or I would have them helping me now. TU and Experian, NO problems at all. They are removing nearly everything I dispute and all the inquiries etc I ask them to. It's just equifax that's giving me fits. Just point me in the right direction...a website or what? Thanks and God Bless!!

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Three steps.... Get a copy of the FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT from the FTC website. Read it! Highlight where the CRA violated your rights.

Go to your local library and check out books on small claims court. Look closely with limits and how to sue a company that is headquartered out of state.

Look in the telephone book and call the clerk in your local small claims court. You may have to file in the county where they are registered, you may be able to file in your home county. Request the forms, fill them out....

Possibly one final thing... contact your secretary of state to determine the legal name and registered agent that EQF uses in your state.

13. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Most small claims courts have very simple fill in the blank forms. You can then attach an exhibit outlining the violations along with an offer to settle for whatever deletions it is you want. Follow the advise above about calling the secretary of state and go from there. It really is not difficult at all.

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Saar:
    What on earth are you blathering about now?

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Christi:

Why not just stop and analyze the situation instead of listening to wild eyed ideas about filing lawsuits and stuff you yourself admit that you know nothing about?

While folks who tell you to do stuff like that may be well meaning, it don't make much sense when you don't understand a bit of what they are talking about and would probably take you 3 or 4 years of hard study or more to ever get to understand it.

Let's just use some common sense and analyze what you have been doing that has not been working for you and do something to change all that.

Ok! And why is it that you don't want to accept what they are telling you as being the truth of the matter? You say that they claim that Junum's disputes are frivolous and they don't have to pay any attention to them. They are telling you the truth! Just accept the truth and learn that if you are doing something that does not work, then you need to do something different, right, wrong or whatever, but do something different.

Now then, having said that, I'm just going to sit back and see how you react to that little bit of truth and logic.

I'll wait for all the smart alec comments and put downs to have run their course and then we will see if you are ready to start doing something more logical than what you have been doing.

You simply have to put a stop to the merry-go-round before you can proceed to do something intelligent for a change.

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

LKH:
    Don't need no stinkin law degree to do it either, do you?

Just a little bit of common sense and asking questions of the people who do have the answers.

You have seemingly been pretty successful, and you didn't need no fancy degree, did you?

17. Saar

Saar Banned

Oh, I see. So learning how to file a small claims FCRA suit takes 3-4 years.

Given the many small claims success stories shared on this board, we must have here at least 12 PhD's, 5 Professors and 2 Nobel Prize winners.

Saar

18. MikeB

MikeB Banned

19. bbauer

bbauer Banned

So, Mikeb, you suggest she spend $11.95 and more to get the same exact thing she can get for free right on my website????Same exact thing!

You suggest she wait a couple of weeks to get the package when she can have it tonight and have it for free???

And to make matters worse, most of what she would get for her $11.95 is pure garbage, money throwed down the drain and does not even have any real application to what one wants to do with it in the first place.

Money and time completely wasted. Lucky indeed if any single piece of it does any good at all.

I don't peddle that kind of trash, I give that whole package away for free because that's exactly what it's worth. Nothing at all.

I'm sure she will thank you for your help, Mikeb:

20. MikeB

MikeB Banned

How do you infer so much shit from a URL?
    I simply gave a URL that someone might find useful. I forgot that your "products" and "ideas" are so much better than anyone else's.
    Hmm, then again they aren't on this board advertising their product nonstop and attacking your Credit MonkeyWrench now are they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.