vacating judgements

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marvin, Jan 26, 2001.

1. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I went down to the courthouse today, and they told me that it isn't possible to vacate a judgement :-(. This is the second time I have been told that, so I'm beginning to think that it might be true-at least in Douglas county in Nebraska. Guess I'll have to live with the judgements for another 5 years, oh well.

2. mt

mt Guest

You should talk to an attorney. I say this because I am familiar with the court system (very) in my state and I know that many of the small county circuits (at least here) have staff that are almost incompetent. It is possible to be told something different by each and every person, in addition, the staff at the court are not in a position to give legal advice, including whether or not you can have a judgement vacated. If it is worth it to you, go and talk to an attorney about it.

3. Dog

Dog Guest

Go to the Creditor, the person who got the Judgment, and offer to pay it off for say 10 cents on the dollar if he will sign an order @ the Courthouse vacating the Judgment. Meet him at the Courthouse with the cash. The clerk will issue a satisfaction of the judgment and vacate it. Please note in most states the judgment can be renewed.

4. Dog

Dog Guest

Go to the Creditor, the person who got the Judgment, and offer to pay it off for say 10 cents on the dollar if he will sign an order @ the Courthouse vacating the Judgment. Meet him at the Courthouse with the cash. The clerk will issue a satisfaction of the judgment and vacate it. Please note in most states the judgment can be renewed.