Validation AFTER 30 days

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Oct 19, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I just sent out a validation letter. I *think* I got the first notice about 90 days ago. Could have been longer. Did I lose all my rights by waiting so long? *If* they do respond what type of violations am I looking for. I asked for proof of my signature not my address.
    KHM

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Sounds to me like there may be some doubt as to whether or not you actually did send them a validation letter. I have to assume that you did, but the way you state it in your message causes me to wonder some.

If you indeed sent them a properly worded validation letter, you should not have waited this long before proceeding on to more positive actions, whatever that may be. They have violated the law by not responding in a timely fashion and you sitting around waiting is just not a wise thing to do. You need to be pushing them on a regular timetable right on down the road to the courthouse door if indeed you absolutely must carry it that far before they capitulate and give up on the debt.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

How were you notified?

4. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

What is that suppose to mean? I did would you like me post the certified return receipt slip here? The reason it took me so long, well isn't really any of your business, is when my hubby works I am home with the kids and vice versa by the time either of us get out of work it is 9 pm (we each work 16 hour days) The only day we have off is Sunday and guess what? THE POST OFFICE IS CLOSED! I happened to get a chance to get there today. So YES I did mail it.

5. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

OK my bad...I didn't finish reading before I jumped down your throat. I thought you were questioning whether I sent the letter. I haven't done anything until today. I got a letter from THEM 90 days ago. It is my daughters medical bill for $1191, (my insurance canceled a week before and my new ins wasn't effective until 4 weeks after the visit). I sent the validation letter under 'Members Only'

KHM<~~~~going to take a nap before I snap on someone else by mistake

6. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

By mail, its not on my CR YET but I know they do report to them, my hubby has a few medical bills from them on his CR. They *say* they are a CB and in actuality I think they are part of TU, they are the only ones they report with.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Hope you feel better after your nap. LOL

here is what you stated in your first post the aroused my curiosity.
    That's not demanding validation of the debt at all. That's why I asked you if you really did send a validation letter.

If you didn't demand validation then you have just wasted your time and your stamps as well

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

If they say they are a credit bureau, then they probably are.

There are lots of little ones out there. The big 3 are not the only ones by a long shot.