Validation letter question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by trish6103, Sep 27, 2003.

1. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

I'm sending the validation letter to a CA. So I would need to take out this part right:

Please delete this misleading information, and supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Additionally, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of each credit grantor or other subscriber.

because it would not make a lot of sense to send that part to the CA. So do I just take it our entirely, or add something else? Also, why am I giving them my SSN at the bottom of the letter? Why would I want to volunteer that information?

2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

3. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

Ok, I think I got it. The headers on the letters are kinda confusing, there are several letters that say "use this for CRA or CA".

4. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

If you're just gettin started with a certain CA keep it real simple. You don't want to act like an expert at manhandling CA's.

• «Your Name»
      «Address1»
      «Address2»
      «City», «State» «Zip»

«Date»

«Company»
      «Address1»
      «Address2»
      «City», «State» «Zip»

Cert. Mail# xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

RE: Your Account# XXXXXXXXXXXXx

Dear Mr./Ms. <same name as on your letter>:

I am in receipt of your recent payment demand dated xx/xx/xxxx, copy enclosed.

I'm not refusing to pay, but rather fully disputing this alleged calim. This request is made according to the federal law which affords me the right to demand strict proof of your claim.

Your failure to answer this demand within a reasonable time will be taken to mean that you have no such proof, and therefore no such claim exists.

Regards,

«Signature»
      «Your Name»

5. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

What Trish is talking about:

Note that this is at the top of the "DEBT VALIDATION" letter.

• This is a request for debt validation from a creditor or credit bureau. Send as certified mail, return receipt requested.

First, Val. Demands do NOT go to the Creditor OR the CRA's.

So her confusion is easy to understand.

Second,

• Your failure to satisfy this request within the requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ...

The FDCPA does NOT require that they "satisfy this request".

Moreover, it's NOT a request. lol

There's just 2 problems. I can go on;

:)

6. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member