validation letter returned as nonde

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, May 2, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Have an old account with AT & T wireless. 2 of 3 CRA's come back verifying the account. I have their address which is the same address listed on the CR. I send a certified/rr validation letter and it comes back as nondeliverable from postal service. I called Trans Union and they say they got an answer from the same address. Weird? They then give me a phone & fax number. Should I fax it over or call them or just send a letter to the two CRA'swith copies of the returned envelope/letter and say "Hey how can you verify this"

I asked the trans union rep and he said oh AT&T is huge so maybe they called another number or something to verify. Can't I ask them to prove their verification procedures?

Thanks
    geekpipe

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Send the 2 CRA's a Xerox copy of the returned envelope with all the undeliverable address postal markings along with a note saying:
    Unverifiable address - REMOVE THIS ITEM IMMEDIATELY OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES! (LOL)

-Dave

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Have you demanded address verification from the post office?
    They do that sort of thing, you know.

Just ask them to prove the address is either deliverable or undeliverable.

Bill Bauer

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Hey! You can't use that. I think you owe me some kind of usage fee. (I was going to say "royalties" but I don't want those hemophiliac moochers showing up at my place demanding tea and crumpets. I'm too afraid I'd look foolish because I don't know what the heck a "crumpet" is. I'd probably just dig in the closet and offer them my old Kermit doll or something.)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

crum·pet (krmpt)
    n.

A small, flat round of bread, baked on a griddle and usually served toasted.

[Possibly from Middle English crompid (cake), curled (cake), probably past participle of crumpen, to curl up probably from crumb, crump,
    crooked, from Old English.]

WWW.DICTIONARY.COM

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks George! Never mind the usage fee, Nave. Bring on the royals!

BTW: Crumpets sound gross. Why would anyone want one?