validation letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by raiderpam, Nov 9, 2001.

  1. raiderpam

    raiderpam Well-Known Member

    Does anyone have a good letter for the creditor or ca when its be over the 30 days for there reply, and they have not responded Thanks
  2. Nave

    Nave Well-Known Member

  3. raiderpam

    raiderpam Well-Known Member

    Thank you have a great weekend
  4. bbauer

    bbauer Banned


    Nave certainly has given you a link to a great resource. It would be well worth your time to check it out if you have not already done so.

    However, what I use in the situation outlined by you is LizardKings famous estoppel letter which you can find here.<font color=

    Don't be too surprised if they ignore that too, however.
    Whatever, I think that your better move is to use the estoppel letter above at this point.
  5. csmims

    csmims New Member

    What is the step following this? I have one stubborn collection on an account that I'm positive is not mine. Lincoln Financial Services is the CA. I've sent them a series of several letters with the last one being the estoppel. It's been over 30 days (more like 60 by now) and they have not responded and just verified the account to all three CRA's. I've kept all the little green cards. Do I have any recourse outside of a lawsuit? I had hoped they would fix the problem before it got to that, but is now the time to stop by the small claims court for the forms?

  6. bbauer

    bbauer Banned

    Well, I don't you think it would make commons sense to point out their violations of law and ask them what they propose to do to make amends for their having violated your rights?

    You always want to use up all of your administrative remedies prior to thinking about going to court. So seems to me that a nice friendly letter to them telling them what you believe they have done to you and at least give them a chance to make amends?

    That's what I do. Of course, when I ask them what they plan to do about it, I'm not just exactly real friendly about it. Of course, I don't expect any answer out of them at that point either. But one does have to exhaust all their administrative remedies prior to going to court to seek injuctive relief.

    That's what the law says that you must do.
    My, you are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? Why on earth would you want to fiddle around with all of that mess when you can easily find a good attorney to take the case for you on a fee contingency basis?

    That way you don't have to worry about all that. And you get a lot bigger settlement out of it. Why do you want to do all the work and come up with a measly couple of thousand or so when you can get somebody else to do the work and you collect half or so of a much bigger pot? Don't make no sense to me.
  7. KHM

    KHM Well-Known Member

    I don't know about anyone else, but I've called around to several lawyers in NH and I haven't come across any lawyer that does this type of case (credit related) on a fee contingency basis.
  8. bbauer

    bbauer Banned

    All you have to do is send me an email and I will give you some that you can get to do what needs to be done the way you want it done.

    No problem, no charge.

    Glad to help when I can

Share This Page