Validation Letters

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by shport, Oct 31, 2001.

1. shport

shport Well-Known Member

All:

I'm writing validation letters to all companies who have supplied derogatory information on my reports. The CRAs do not provide the full account #. Do I call the creditor for this information or do I send the portion of the number I have, along with my SS# and DOB and let them figure it out? I'm not sure if it would affect the matter if I contacted these companies and spoke with them about my account.

Shawn.

2. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

I am not expert on this. FYI I just mailed my first round of validations this morning. I did not include account number on the letter. I used the KISS principle and figured that I would not give them any information that would help them validate, including social security or account numbers. You really don't want them to validate, so why make it easy? I sent them a letter basically as follows

A recent review of my credit report shows an account from your company. I do not believe I currently have or have ever had an account here.

Please prove the account with something that shows my signature.

I appreciate your prompt response to this matter and I thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely

I guess I just modified what I saw on the boards here. I sent them all certified RRR. I will just wait for nothing, because on at least three of them, I know they cannot validate.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

uniondiva:
    Sounds to me that you are at least in the ball park with your efforts.

but I fail to understand why you say your are just going to wait for nothing. If they fail to validate, they are going to find out that I wasn't just waiting for nothing.

And they sure ain't gonna like what I was waiting for when they find out what it is.

4. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

waiting for nothing means i fully expect that they will not be able to validate and will not responde in the appropriate time period. I will then pursue each matter appropriately and that means, I will get them off of my reports

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I sincerely hope so.
    As I said, you seem to be on the right track