Validation letters

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbrown59, Mar 18, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Are these to be sent to The CRA,Collection Agencies or Creditors ?

2. Dallas

Dallas Guest

They should go to whomever is reporting the debt. Not all debts go to a collection agency right away.

IF they do not respond, send a copy to the CRA stating that they didnot respond to your request which is required by law and now remove it before I sue your butt also. Well, maybe not in those words. Lol

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author: Dallas (---.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 03-18-01 11:08

They should go to whomever is reporting the debt. Not all debts go to a collection agency right away.

IF they do not respond, send a copy to the CRA stating that they didnot respond to your request which is required by law and now remove it before I sue your butt also. Well, maybe not in those words. Lol
    ==================================================

Reply To Message Shouldn't a collection agency be required to provide validation along with the collection letter demanding payment?

4. Dallas

Dallas Guest

Yes, that is exactly what I said. That is the point of the letter. Am I missing your question? You asked who should the validation letter go to; collection agency, creditor or CRA.

It would go to the collection agency if there is a collection agency and creditor involved. The creditor in most cases say they dont have the debt anymore and you have to deal with the collection agency. That is the usual PUNT.

Since most times the collection agency is the one reporting it to the CRA's (since both can not legally be on your report -original creditor & collection agency in separate entries)you should send the validation letter to the CA

If they dont respond, send the letter you sent to them to the CRA and ask them to remove the entry since they did not validate the debt.