Validation Problem

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kittw1, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Help my friends! Crooks Country sent me a fat envelope showing all of my charges, my application, and everything. So the validation did not work the way I thought it would. I never remember completing an appliation with them, but oh well! they "nicely" stated that OSI has my account and I need to talk to them. OSI was off of my report, I bet it's back on now. PHOOOEEEYYY! WTF? What do I do?

Ok Mr. Bauer, Lizardking, NanaC, anyone! Now is your chance to beome a world-renonwned hero/heroine. LOL!!

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, the first thing I would say is not to panic until you actually see it on the report.
    Then take two aspirin and call me in the morning.(LOL)

Actually, no, I would not worry about it until you get your next credit reports. The verification doesn't mean that OSI will do anything at all about it. Don't worry about things that might happen. If it actually does happen, then start worrying about what to do about it.

For right now, I think that's the best advice. As always, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

3. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Bill,
    Problem 2 is that Crooks is still reporting also. How do I tackle this?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

How old is the account? When was it last verified witht the CRAs? How many times?

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I believe that I would attack it with the credit bureaus as being a duplicate account and point out the other listing to them. Get rid of the Crooks Bank one and then you only have to worry about the collection agency.

They are not going to be anywhere near the problem the banks are.

6. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

On EX it says last reprtd 7/01..then due to be off 10/05...how could that be? DLA was not in 98. i think it was in 97. Darn I just looked, they pretty much all say the same thing. If OSI is collecting on it, then why is Crooked Country still reporting? Can somebody explain this process to me?