Validation Problems.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 24, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Someone on this Board (Kelly) had problems with the validation process. She has confided this problem to me thru IM and Chat. She validated and they threatened to get a judgement against her. I dont know all the details etc, but she asked for help on this site and didnot really get a response. She asked for help in Chat and got blowed off too. I dont know ANYTHING about this stuff so I am no help.

To avoid the judgement she satisfied the debt. But I thought it was worthy of bringing this information to the limelight.

There is alot more to it and I am urging her to post the topic here. We will see.

I hope everyone gets what they set out to get....

roni

2. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

In otherwords, she let them scare her into paying the bill.

I didn't see her posts that I am aware of, or I might have tried to help her. I'll watch for her posts and see what I can do.

What did she say in her validation letter? I'd guess she used one of the bluster and sophistry letters that are so abundant so they called her bluff and won. Oh well, you can bet that if it works, they will use it and made her pay up.
    She has no place to go now.

All she can do is fight it off her credit bureau reports and hope to get rid of it that way ow.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

They can't just "get" a judgement, they have to take her to court. I'm going to have to agree with Bill that they just used scare tactics and won.

I think if she had held her ground they would have at least had to validate. Now, if this was really her debt, validation would only delay the collection process and they would have the right to take her to court if the SOL had not expired.

The validation letters probably do tell the collection agencies that you have some sort of unusual interest about a debt and they might think that if they step up collection activity they can win with someone who is that concerned.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

They did file a judgement. Gosh. you guys think you know everything.

JUST because you wish it AWAY doesnot make it go away.

As usual people here REFUSE to hear something they dont like.

roni

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You said "She validated and they threatened to get a judgement against her." You didn't say "They threatened to take her to court to obtain a judgement and then did so."

It makes a difference.

I'll try to keep in mind that the poster might not be telling the whole story before I respond to another message. Not a bad life lesson for me this afternoon. :)

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

ok vegas. i hear you. but i posted the last thing i will say about this above in another thread.

I am not gonna wear my fingers out typing over this bullcrap..

bye

roni

7. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Not about validation at all

The validation letter is just a very simple mousetrap sort of tool, If it's, full of sophistry and ejaculatons of pure bilge gas, it's likely to be a killer for you rather than doing any mouse catching.

We have seen several people just today and yesterday complaining the validation letter got them no results, didn't work and wasn't any good. They thought it was Tim McViegh's final answer to the collection agency problem and all they had to do was park it up along side the collection agency's office and an instant explosion would "deliver the message" and they could just walk away shaking the ANFO off their clothes. Nothing could be further from the truth.

You have to know what to do next under any and all situations that might arise.

Don't start a war of wits if you are only half armed.

Bill Bauer