validations

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

I have just started round one with Junum....I was thinking of sending validation letters to some of the CA of the accounts that I am not sure are even mine....should i do this while Junum is working on their disputes? I know they dispute directly with the CRAs so would this affect what they are doing since I would be contacting the collection agencies not the CRAs? Does this make any sense? Maybe I should just let Junum do their work and see what happens. It is just that I can't stand the waiting....I feel like I should be doing something proactive to help expedite this... what do you think?

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Shelby,
    I would NOT do any disputing...the information may conflict what Junum is doing and cause a delay in their results.

I know its hard to wait..we are all in the same boat.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Not sure about this, we have been discussing this alot.

I believe Junum only disputes with the CRA's. They do have other services which may include validating with CA's etc. They also will re-dispute for free if they are put back on...however the only way to be sure they will not re-appear would get rid of the CA, or making them validate the debt since the debt is not yours, and certainly you never contracted to pay the CA. I am not sure that would conflict with Junum...If I were going to do this, I would call Junum and ask their opinion. -Dave

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hmmm...maybe if you were careful not to give information ..just ask for validation..you think, Nave?

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Second thought

You know, I actually have done some work on stuff while Junum did their thing. If anyone remembers that I had the situation where 4 accounts were posted to the credit report AFTER I paid the hospital.

I did write to the AG's of both states, the hospital and the collecton agency. And, Junum was doing their thing. All were removed...and I don't know if it was me or Junum. Regardless they are gone and I'm a happy camper.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Second thought

I think if I were being hounded by CA's (currently I am not thankfully) I would try as hard as I could to make them cease and desist. I dont think having Junum on your side does that, they only send disputes about your reports to the CRA's.

However, if the CRA's are sending out letters to the CA's for verification, your letter to the CA may conflict, so on second thought I would stay out of it until Junum is done with the item on your report...then work on the CA's after you see the removal from your report.

That way if it re-appears you can have Junum re-dispute it, but you will not be "in the way" **during** the Junum dispute process.

-Dave

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Second thought

LOL..I think this just came full circle! HEHE