Verification process letter?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a copy of verification procedure letter for the CRAS?

I read about this recently and was wondering if anyone has a sample one.

I am still fighting with EX.Thanks a bunch!

Cyprigirl:)

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

3. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Thanks breeze!, You're the best!

Have you had any success with this type of letter.

I want to call Experian out on their "verifications".

Cyprigirl:)

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I only used it once, got a stupid response. But I came up with another angle in the meantime, so didn't pursue it.

I used it to dispute a public record, trying to force them to contact the source of the public record - it's a lonnnnnnnnnnng story. (Aren't they all??) They just reverified the same public record.

If I hadn't found the other angle, I was going to resend that letter, and include the fact that I meant verify the actual information that led to the public record. (there are 2 public records of the same debt, because I moved from one city to another).

Try it and see what happens. It's pretty clear.

breeze

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    I've got a verification that runs out soon. I sent for validation of late payment and received no response. Then, with less than a week before sol runs out I sent estoppel notice saying they must produce the validation by said date or have the notation of the delinquency removed from my credit profile. Still nothing. I am certain they cannot validate. I'm doing this myself w/creditor (not with Credit Bureau). Now, the CB's all say the creditor has to authorize the removal so how do I get them to actually DO IT. They've ignored me thus far.

6. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Has anyone used the Credit Correct software? It looks good. I may be interested in it to help keep me organized among other things. If you have it and use it would you rate it here for us?

for those who don't know about it, the site is www.creditcorrect.com

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Mist:

And the credit bureaus are going to keep on ignoring you.

It's the same problem that MT seems to be having and I'm trying to get a message out to him now to explain that. Damned DSL anyway.

But that's the same message I"ve been trying to preach for quite a while now.

Get rid of the creditor and his collectors first, force them to eat the debt and then the credit bureaus have nothing to report because there is nothing left if you no longer owe the debt.

That's the way to go.

8. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

That's not for me.

I'm only trying to get an inaccurate item removed. Overall, I'm in pretty good shape now that things have been cleaned up a bit in the last month. I've just got some, incompletes/inaccurates and a few 30day lates, 1 60 day late, on my reports. This particular one is reported wrong and it cannot be validated as accurate. I want it off but Experian is lying and saying they verified.

9. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Oh, and Bill, this particular item, as is the case with the other negs on my profile, was paid in full and account closed several years ago. I may have confused you when I used "sol". I really meant just the 30day requirement for validation of delinquency from creditor. Sorry if I was not clear.