Verified judgement BS HELP

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Apr 17, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Trans Union and Equifax say they verified a judgement against me. They say they call or look in the public record and it is there and they just see that and say "OK its good" How the heck do I dispute this and get this thing off my reports? Do i have to try and vacate this judgement? Is this the only way?

Thanks

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Find out who they verified it with and see if that is accurrate.. also check to see what part of it they verified and if the listing is indeed true or not as it is worded.

3. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

I have one of those, the thing is its 6yrs. old I know it to be valid. I recently purchased a home went to settle judgement and the source did not want my money said they never heard of me had no record. Problem was the judgment to be on file of courthouse and the only way to remove was to have creditor remove it or file vacate. Im on the go constantly and wanted to get around that if possible. Disputed w/all 3 cr . TU was easy no go on other 2 first time. Wrote long b.s. letter 2nd time saying not mine with a letter from creditor I got at closing of house saying not mine that was all they were willing to do for me. Still no go on both. 3rd time wrote same b.s. and stated if they were going to not investigate any further than courthouse if it was on file with my personal info. I was obtaining legal counsil to straighten this out and they also would be hearing from them. Equifax came off 2wks. later still havent heard from Experian just got letter they are investigating.