Verifing an Account

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gcv1sytl, Jul 19, 2001.

1. gcv1sytl

gcv1sytl Member

I have been taking everyones's advice on having the orginial creditor verify the accounts on the credit report. I wrote the creditor and as for the copy of the application. Don't you know this collection agency just sends me a copy of a payment history. I need to know how to go about this!. They seem like they do not have the orginial application!. Plus, I don't see a signuature anywhere. I look at this paperwork and it doesn't even have my SSN#. How should I word my next letter to the collection agency.

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Send the validation letter again, demanding that they send you competent substantial evidence that this is your account (i.e. application or contract with your signature).

Don't accept that!

They have the burden to prove its your debt.

Make sure they are not reporting either if you are still disputing it, there is a FTC letter dated Dec. 23, 1997 that addresses validation under the FDCPA.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/letters/cass.htm

They either have to cease reporting or notify the CRA that you are disputing.

Fight them!

Good Luck!

Cyprigirl:)

3. rmk1825

rmk1825 Member

CypriGirl,

What is the link that you are trying to get us to look at? I'd like to check it out!

Thanks!!

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Caprigirl.

I'm quite sure you have already seen all of them except one or two. Maybe.

all it is is a collection of what has been posted here and maybe one or two from another board ad infinitium ad nauseum.

You won't see anything you have not already seen.

5. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Anybody seen my bottle of prozac?

Caprigirl:

HEY!

Anybody seen my dang bottle of Prozac lately?

With the boo-boo on that last post I made, somebody better find it quick.

(LOL)

I had just read another thread and got the two mixed up.

Excuse me please!

Maybe my hard old life is catching up to me.
    Here I am, 71 years old, and they put me to work the very first day I was born. Been at it ever since. Gettin to me, I guess.

Sorry about that.

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: Anybody seen my bottle of prozac?

I have all of the laws and statutes competely searchable on the Internet for FREE!

LOL