Verifying new address.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by durango444, Oct 12, 2001.

1. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

OK. First USA wants to verify my new address. They want:

Copy of Social Security card. Well I was born in PA. 35 years ago I don't ever remember having the SS card itself. I guess I call SS. Right?

Original Phone and utility bills. Not copies. Well, how the heck do I do that? The part with my name and address I send in with my payment. Should I request a duplicate statement from them?

I sent Chase a copy of my drivers liscense, front page of my deed, and a copy of credit card statement. I hope that works.

Any Thoughts?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT COPIES IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL THEM TO GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GIVE THEM A LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.

COPY YOUR W-2
    COPY YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE
    COPY YOUR PAYCHECK (IF IT HAS SS# ON IT)

4. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

Just call FUSA and speak to a supervisor. Tell them you -- along with most people -- are not comfortable sending originals and will be more than happy to send copies. Why they would want the SS card instead of a driver's license is beyond me, though.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Ask Bill(?) for his SSN jpg, get photoshop.

SS takes like 2 months to get your SSN card for you, at least in this state.

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I got that too. it actually only ask for a original utility bill, a photocopy of ss# and a copy of the phone bill.

But look at the bright side. if you provide it to them, your problably approved.

7. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

First USA did not have a phone number to call on the letter. I have a SS office right here in town I will go there monday.

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

you can call 1-800-955-9900