Verizon - Please help- Not my fault

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have been using DSL Verizon online in NY for a year. The bill will come with my regular phone bill every month.

Recently my area code has changed and in January 2001, I didn't see any DSL Charge on my regular phone bill. I did call verizon on January and they said their system is switching from Bell to Verizon and I will get the bill next month.

February 2001, I still havn't received DSL Charge on my regular phone bill. I called again got the same answer.

March 2001, I called again this time they change my area code to the right one and I got the bill with DSL Charge for the month of March 2001.

Today, I have received the letter from collection company named CCA Services Corp. mentioned that I owe Verizon (Bellatlantic).

This is not my fault at all. So I called verizon this morning. They suggested me to pay CCA Services Corp. within 30 days.

How do I go from here? I never deal with collection company. I don't want anything from collection company appears on my credit report. I don't want any late payment also.

I am sure willing to pay what I owe..but this is not my fault at all.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hi Aux,

Deal with Verizon. Did the late charges appear on your March invoice? If not, contact Verizon again and explain the situation. Try speaking with a supervisor if possible. Your bill is current, correct? I have an Account Manager but she deals with General Business. If you would like I can give you her name and phone #. She may be able to help you. If not she should at least be able to point you in the right direction to someone who will.

Dani

3. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Dani.

There is no late charges or whatever. It's just DSL Charge disappear on my bill for 2 months. But after I called Version and they corrected my area code. This month I received the correct bill (with DSL Charge).

I did contacted Verison Billing Department this morning. They suggested me to pay CCA and that will avoid negative on my credit report.

And I ask why can't they just put on my next bill. She said she can't do that as it goes to CCA already.

Now I got headache.

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Well, that's good that it's not on your credit report. Verizon did a doozie on this one. This is so strange that they would send the bill automatically to collections without contacting you by phone or by mail first. Unfortunately, you have to end up paying the price for their goof up. Are they charging you just the charges for the DSL or is there interest and late fees tacked on? I'm sure there is. I would go ahead and pay, but enclose a letter stating per your conversation with so and so at Verizon that this collection will not be reported on your credit reports. First, I would pull your credit report just to make sure that it's not on there before paying though. I hope everything works out for you. Take care.

Dani

PS If you would still like the Account Manager's name and phone # let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

5. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Dani! Thank you so much.

I really appreciate your input. After I checked there is no late charges at all. Just 2 months DSL Charge $39.95 x 2 = $79.90)

I guess i will have to write the letter to CCA and ask them the written confirmation that they will not report any negative on my report.

Thanks again Dani!

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Dani! Thank you so much.

This is just the sort of crap i posted about on the info.topic i started today

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: Dani! Thank you so much.

If you get confirmation that noting will go on your credit report, I'd suggest you pay the CA. Really its a good way to screw Verizon because you pay no late fee, nothing goes on your credit, and Verizon has to pay the collection agency their cut of what you pay.

Sounds like a good deal to me!

8. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your input.

Thank you so much for your input. I just hope nothing will effect my credit report.

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

Re: Thank you so much for your input.

I had the DSL, and I moved, so I canceled my phone and everything, 6 Months Later they were still billing me, EVEN though I canceled all ym service. They told me its diffrent departments, so I had to call each. Wellt hey Credited my Money for 6 months cause they saw I did not use it.. So I am happy now!!

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Thank you so much for your input.

With all the people not paying their DSL bills I guess the ISP's are going to do just about anything for cash including billing people who dont even have DSL...maybe if Northpoint had done that...hey COVAD :)

-Dave