Very good job guys.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Oct 31, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok, this banking division person is a fake. We all have figured that out by now. Can we please for once move on and not beat something or someone into the ground. I would appreciate some advise on some of my credit issues, like my much wanted mortgage with my defaulted student loans, or refinancing my 13% apr car loan. Pat? Mr. V? Anyone really.

2. pat

pat Guest

student loans

are they through a government organization or a commercial bank?

3. Mo

Mo Guest

Well, my reconsidered opinion is that APRE is not a fake, as all the info that has been posted so far is true and accurate. In re-reading the original posts I note that they referred to themselves as an "affiliate" of Experian, and that could certainly be true...it doesn't mean they are *part* of Experian. But I do wonder how they managed to escape Experian's lawyers with their name.

On your mortgage with the defaulted sttdent loan, let me share my personal experience. I've had my credit cleaned up for 2 years now, and the end result of that cleanup was the mortgage I got in DEC 98. I did have a defaulted student loan on my report from 1987, and I found that in NO UNCERTAIN terms, that it had to be satisfied or no mortgage. Period. Fortunatley, it was only $7,000 outstanding and I had the dough to pay it off as satisfaction. I don't know for a fact, but I'd imagine a rehabilitation agreement for the loan or some other formal and approved renewed payment arrangement would count for "satisfaction". I was told that without satisfaction that a new mortgage would come with the "automatic" lien from the unpaid student loan....a lien that no lender would go for.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That's what I have been told too MO, all collections/judgements MUST be paid prior to getting a mortgage. Thankfully I only have the collection to take care of:)

5. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Your Mortgage Goals

Roni:
    What amount of mortgage are you considering if your use of the term mortgage refers to real property? Let see if we canâ??t shed a bit of light on the subject for you? ;)

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor
    CreditDefenses.com

6. Crdt Dfnse

Yes Credibility Counts

Mo:
    First & foremost please understand that Iâ??m not here to â??clashâ? with anyone, but you should know that Experian has some pretty strong confidentiality clauses for vendors (they are not referred to as â??affiliatesâ?). Now Banking Divisionâ??s contentions are another matter, many of which I canâ??t (in good conscious) agree with.

Janis Blake at Experian, executive secretary to Steve Hester (vendor management), confirms that no such organization as Experian.net is directly affiliated with the firm. I believe (but am not completely certain) that sheâ??s going to refer this matter to Tom Gasparini, General Counsel for North American operations.

Certainly you (and other folks) can believe who and what you desire, but when it comes to matters as important as credit issuesâ?¦ Creditability isnâ??t everything; itâ??s the only thing! Again, Iâ??m not going to embroil myself in some board controversy, I havenâ??t the time nor inclination. Yet it should suffice to say, however, that if a source is untrue should the information there from be relied upon?

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor
    CreditDefenses.com

7. pat

pat Guest

T.A. Gasparini

Thanks for posting the name of Experian's General Counsel, Anthony.

If anyone fails to get problems with Experian resolved via the usual routes, e mail me, and I will send you Mr. Gasparini's phone & fax number. I ain't going to post it. Too many people faxing him will ruin the direct line.

PS-folks often think I am boasting when I claim to have such info, but don't disclose it to all.

a few tidbits of trivia to establish credibility in such thingsa Mr. Gasparini was born in 1947. Mr. Villaseñor's given first name is Mark. (Mark Anthony, as in the Roman leader??)

PM

8. Crdt Dfnse

Oh Behave!

Pat:
    You amaze meâ?¦ But for what itâ??s worth only the family refers to me as Mark, since my dadâ??s passing. My fatherâ??s name was Marc, so to avoid the confusion when I was a kid the folks (five sisters, one brother) started referring to me as Anthony. It just kind of stuck, soooooâ?¦

Okay Pat, you found me out! But pleeeease no Cleopatra jokes; those can be enough to send a guy to therapy! ;)~

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor
    CreditDefenses.com

PS: I received your mail and will respond (privately) later today.

9. Mo

Mo Guest

RE: Yes Credibility Counts

I agree with everythig you say. Too bad that such reservations surfaced in connection with experian.net. Notiwithstanding my original reservations, I really wanted to believe in yet another good source of information. Oh, well, not the first time I've seen it happen.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanks, finally...

You probably wont believe this Mo, but I have been asking that same question on this board and ones like it for months. My student loans that defaulted were consolidated and removed from default in 4/00. They defaulted in 4/99 even after I filed for deferment. Long story, but my lender did not approve my deferment due to a paperwork error. So I fought that for a year and then consolidated them just so I could get myself on tract with credit. They supplied me with a letter stating exactly what happended with my loan. I was hoping that I can present that letter to a potential lender to verify my side of the story. I cleaned up all the other stupid stuff like utlitity bills when I disputed items in the winter. And now I am left with just a settled Discover account from 1994. I really was hoping that someone would give me sound advise about defaulted student loans. And you did. You even told me what I wanted to hear. I feel much more confident now about my credit. BTW, it really hurts cause I had 11 loans to default. I have 24 loans total : 11( once defaulted), 11 with perfect history and 2 perkins with perfect history. So you can imagine how 11 paid collections hurt my score and my chances of getting credit cards. But like I said, I appreciate you sharing your experiences.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

EXCUSE ME.....BUT

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH CREDIT. OR MOM GETTING HER COLLECTION DELETED. OR CHET GETTING A CITIBANK CARD. OR ME GETTING MY DAMN MORTGAGE THAT I WANT. OR OR OR ANYTHING REALLY. MARK ANTHONY? CLEOPATRA? TIMEOUT.

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: student loans

THEY WERE guaranteed student loans (FFEL)

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok, I am better now. ....

I wish Pat and CD.com would just kiss and make love. Oops! I mean make up. LOL

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Your Mortgage Goals

Anthony,
    I want to buy a townhome. I have 11 defaulted student loans from 1999 which I consolidated in 4/00 so they are showing as paid collections with 0 balances. Besides that I have 1 settled discover account from 1994. Townhomes here go for about 90-150K. I have 100K+ student loan debt. I have had no negatives since the 1999 defaults. No negatives between 1994-1999. No positives either. Any hope? Oh yeah Salary : 93K. professional person.

15. Crdt Dfnse

What Was That About?

Roni:
    You know I donâ??t know whatâ??s provoked your outburst, but Pat and I arenâ??t at odds (far from it). So Iâ??d kindly caution you to watch your statements concerning anything to do with me, if ya please?

Now if youâ??re subtext is meant to question my sexuality, to disparage and impugn my professional reputation? Then you may have a MUCH bigger problem than fixing credit. I am fully capable if restraining such talk, if youâ??re not adult enough to do it yourself.

Donâ??t want none, donâ??t start none; a lady friend once told me. ;)

Thanks,
    Anthony

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: What Was That About?

Opps! I THOUGHT that Pat was female. And I meant it as a joke 'cause you too act more like an old married couple the way you too debate. Sorry if I offended you.

17. Crdt Dfnse

There Is Always Hope

Roni:
    Boy oh boy, that student loan debt is really hurting you so far as a mortgage is concerned. Truly youâ??re not likely to get a mortgage until the student loans are paid, or otherwise disappear. But you could (and I donâ??t generally advocate this) challenge until youâ??re blue in the face.

Some of those loans may drop from the face report, until the next tape to tape. But theyâ??ll still flag on the full factual (a sometimes required version of a CBR), and may raise questions; as to theyâ??re OPEN status, and cause the ever-dreaded DIRECT CHECK!

About the only thing you could do immediately is a straw purchase, buying the town home under someone elseâ??s name (using their credit history) with an agreement to sell to you sometime later. This is speculative and viewed as somewhat edgy in some circles, but reality is thatâ??s its successfully done all the time. Yet I donâ??t need to tell you to focus heavily on paying off that student debt, the sooner the better!

Wish I could help more but student loans are real sticklers to content without pay-off.

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor
    CreditDefenses.com

18. Crdt Dfnse

No Worries

Roni:
    Okay, understood and certainly no hard feelings. You just came off the wrong way, which can happen occasionally on the boards. Nonetheless, the debates between Pat and I are quite healthy for folks on the boards. Albeit, we agree on FAR more than we donâ??t (heâ??s a charp guy when ya check out his statements).

Apology gladly accepted.

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor
    CreditDefenses.com

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: There Is Always Hope

Oh, God. Someone stop me. I am near the ledge. Oh well, I guess you answered my question about the loans. I am about 30 years from paying off my student loans, so I dont have a chance in hell of getting a mortgage. All this work at cleaning my credit for nothing. I got prequalified for a mortgage in the Spring when I was just trying to get a feel for things. But I know preq. doesnot mean anything. I am truly depressed/bummed now. Oh well, 'tis life.

20. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: There Is Always Hope

Roni-

May I ask what you pursued- careerwise - in college? (high student loan debt).