Victoria's Secret - Approved!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

This morning I had to get up to get my tired repaired (caught a slow leak last night). While I was at Sears (who is the only tired shop open on Sundays) I decided to go in the mall shopping. I stop by Vickie's and picked up a few nic nacks. When I got to the register, the sales girl was new. She was being coached by the manager on how to ring up transactions. Next thing I knew, the associate asked about instant credit and how to do that transaction. The manager then asked if I wanted to open an account. I laughed! She was like, no....you'll probably get approved. So to be a good sport, I decided to apply. Besides....I know they check Experian and if I get denied, I can always dispute the inquiry off! ;-) At any rate, they asked for my license, major cc, ssn, address #, home and work #, and zip code. 20 seconds later I was approved! Talk about shocking....so the associate printed me up a temporary card w/ a $250 limit. Hey...it's a start!

I just peeked at my Experian report (by requesting an investigation) and I can confirm that WFNNB/Victoria's Secret did indeed pull Experian. I live in CA and I can't tell you what my Experian score is because I've never requested it.

One thing (unrelated) that I noticed is that my bank pull my Experian report THREE TIMES to approve me for my auto refinance!!!!!! I guess I'll be disputing 2 of those.

Today appears to be a Happy Credit day! :-D

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hey Hey! I was in Vickies yesterday and used my card. I bought eye shadow. I am writing out a payment right now when I read your post. This must be a VS weekend. Congratulations girl. I need some "BODY" products actually. Dont forget that $500 in purchases in one year qualifies you for a gold card there.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

pics!!! :)

j/k what score did you have on ex?

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

No lingerie? Bummer.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Naughty-Naughty Boys!

MP$40,

I bought a Tommy H bra and panty set that was 'THE BOMB".

Check out that set at Lord and Taylors.

6. Cadillac408

HA! You got jokes....

I have NO CLUE what my score was.....I've never found out my score on Experian...only on Equifax. Sorry.

7. Cadillac408

Lord and Taylor

Roni:

Thanks for the 411 on the set but the nearest Lord and Taylor's is in Colorado. :-(

I'll check Macy's...

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Lord and Taylor

21 STATES INCLUDING 3 IN COLORADO.

9. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

Congrats MP!! One caveat with these cards: the APR is somewhere in the neighborhood of 23%, so I'd avoid carrying a balance. I got myself into trouble with the VS card (and the Limited, and Express, and Lerner...), so I had to cut them all up. :(

I'm up to my eyeballs in debt, but I look cool...j/k

Enjoy! :)

10. Cadillac408

FYI....my score

FYI....I had a 586 on Experian when Victoria's Secret approved me.

11. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

Re: FYI....my score

can you tell me if you had any derog info on experian? collections, etc?

Vickies was the first card I ever had, but I closed it a couple years ago... I'd like to see if they'll re-open it for me or not, but my experian score is only 560 & I've had a few derogs since then (never on that account though)

12. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I got Vikky Se's four years ago....they swiped my info off of my discover card, i got 500 limit.

Then like three months later, i paid one day late in store...AND THEY DROPPED MY CREDIT LIMIT TO 100. no big deal at the time though because i never kept much on there.

Be careful with the catalog its ADDICTIVE!

congrats!

13. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Tell me about it!! When I was a teenager, I ummm nevermind ;-)

14. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Why is it everytime i got the mall and walk by the store i look in? :)

15. Cadillac408

Satisfied judgment, 2 paid student loans that were in collection status, 1 student loan that was in collection status but now is current, 1 paid auto chargeoff.

16. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Boy, I remember one time I was in VS to buy a little something for my wife. As I was perusing over the wall o' panties, this woman (who was a 10.5 on a 1-10 scale) came up beside me and pointed to one of my choices and said "oh, I love those...they're all I ever wear".

Why'd she have to do that to me?

17. sam

sam Well-Known Member

you shoulda said !!! JUST SNIFFING !!!!

18. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Sam!!!

That woulda got me smacked for sure...besides, I would have tripped over my tongue had I tried to say anything.