Victoria's Secret

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Mar 12, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

This must be a good day for approvals. I got my 'pretty' VS card in the mail today. $350 cl.

roni

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

woo hoo roni, time to party. Go get some of the crotchless stuff :)

j/k :)

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

This post is most likely NOT from Roni!

It sounds like the work of our imposter - ignore it.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Actually it was from me. Sorry if my reference to a lingerie card made you blush, Dave. Follow the post, I applied about 10 days ago..

roni

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

hey Roni, where'd you apply? I can't find it on their website.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

1-800 888 8200. I called it.. The application # is under customer service section. I was scared to apply in the stores. It was a quick phone application. I applied like 10-14 days ago.. AFter Target.

roni

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RONI: are you off the wagon now???

MY 4 DENIALS PUT ME ON THE WAGON...

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

LOL Blushing :)

Congratulations sorry for assuming it looked mighty suspicious.

-Dave

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have been having much success. But I am back on the wagon because I found a home I want and I need to stop the inquiries for a little while. At least this time my applications have generated some approvals... And I have a Maybe from Macy's...WOW!lol

roni

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It's OK Dave...

......and understandable, considering.

roni

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: It's OK Dave...

I have seen, and thats the reason I thought it might not be you. You are getting lots of good approvals! Even in last month! Lookin good!

I hope one day....

-Dave

12. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Re: It's OK Dave...

What bank if the VS card from? You've got me wanting one now!

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats

Good for you girl , Now jump back on the wagon and prepare for your new townhouse:)

MOm

14. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: Congrats

okay, I think it's great that Roni is rockin and rollin on the ccards but is getting all this new credit bad? Doesn't it lower your score?
    It seems like I've read a lot of "one department store/retail card" is what is suggested but should I get more to build more credit?
    We plan to buy a house at the end of summer.
    Ugh! Questions Questions
    (in other words should I apply for more cool store cards or stay with my sears and pennys?)

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If you are going house hunting (end of summer)...DON'T apply for anything until after escrow closes, unless you ONLY have JCP and SEARS, then I would go for an AMEX or DISCOVERCARD, or VISA/MC.

ALSO, IF YOU CAN, PAY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ON CREDIT YOU NOW HAVE
    (HIGHEST INTEREST RATE FIRST) WITH-OUT LOSING YOUR DOWN PAYMENT.

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I closed 4 accounts recently. That is one reason that I felt that I could get credit now. I had recent accounts when I applied for the Wells FArgo MOrtage in January. My new accounts were capital 1 8/00, Chase 8/00, Citibank 9/00 x 2, speigel 10/00, new car 9/00. They only asked that I write an explanation letter for all the recent inquiries.

roni

17. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

New Accounts

Huh...okay. I have a total of 4 v/mc cards that are either mine OR I'm an AU on (2 of each)
    I also just now got an AU Sears (haven't actually got the card yet)Joint Penneys.
    Car loan 01/00
    Deferred student loans 10k
    Chevron card
    Closed Speigel (I never used it!)
    It was opened in 95 I wonder if they'll reopen the same account since it's still showing open on some credit reports? According to them it's closed due to dormancy.
    hmm...
    AnnMarie