visa charge off - purchased

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by holly, Apr 23, 2001.

1. holly

holly Guest

Got a call from an attorney saying "a company they represent" has purchased my visa account debt. Talked to said attorney on friday - due to call him today with the Magic Solution that I've come up with to pay the 1400.OO I owed this credit card company or "suffer the consequences" in court with a judgement. Any thing I can do? Any one have a money tree? Medical bills from my son and husband in 2000 put us in a Grand Canyon size hole with our credit cards. If I didn't have the money to make the monthly minimums, where am I supose to get $1400 over a weekend?

2. Bigun

Bigun Guest

Re: visa charge off - purchase

Have you condidered a chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy filing? Most lawyers will give free initial consultaions. I f this is something you might truely entertain, tell this lawyer that you want to consult with a bankruptcy attroney before you make any arrangements with him. But, don't do or say this unless you truely mean to follow through.

3. holly

holly Guest

declaring bankruptcy over a $1400 debt is a bit extreme don't you think?

4. holly

holly Guest

The Company's name that purchased it is "New Visions Finance" - and the Visa company says they do not have the amount that was charged off - I would have to get that from this company. AAAAAAHHHHHH

5. Bigun

Bigun Guest

If $1400 is all you owe then yes that would be extreme. From your first post, I got the impression that you owed a great deal more than just the Visa bill. Something about a Grand Canyon size hole. Good luck!

6. holly

holly Guest

It's not, but the total amount is about 15,000. The $1,400 is the only one that is due immediately. Thank you for your suggestion.

7. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

never file bk.....

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what i never filed BK, i just left the debts settle, its been 4.5-6 years on all of my debts, and i've never been sued.

The ability to collect on a non-secured loan is nearly non-existant these days..