Visa or MasterCard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Haris Jabb, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Haris Jabb

Haris Jabb Guest

I am very new to the credit cards... and very soon i will be getting my first credit card!.. but i want to know what is the difference between MasterCard and Visa Credit Cards... i know that they r two world renowned companies.... what i want to know is which one is better?... r there any problems of acceptability?.. or they r equally acceptable all over the world... then does any of them offer any advantages?

the point is.. which one should i select... i am from Pakistan... and we don't have Americn Express or any other .. so i have to take one of these two...

Sincerely
    Haris

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

Hi Harris:

To tell you the truth both are accepted almost anywhere in the world, what you have to consider instead is which bank you will be getting your Visa Or Mastercard from, since this is your first credit card then you should consider Capital One or Providian, they have cards available for people such as yourself that are just starting to build their credit.

Best of luck!

Alex

------------
    Free Credit Help! Visit Us Today...
    www.CreditInsiders.com

3. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

If you are trying to decide rather you want a Visa or Mastercard, I would suggest going to visa.com or mastercard.com and look at their discount offers and see which one suits you better. Personally I like the Mastercard discounts slightly better. But the 1st step is to select an issuer 1st like Creditinsiders.com said. Hope this helps. And whatever you do.. Stay away from Cross Country Bank!

4. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Well, In US, Canada and most of the EU countries, Visa and MC networks are merged, so practically it doesn't matter which one you use, they're both accepted.
    I think you should get one of each so you're basically covered wherever you go. If you must choose only one, I would go for a Visa, I have the feeling it's a little bit more widespread than MC.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have yet to see a store that takes VISA and NOT MASTERCARD...

6. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

You won't see any if you don't go outside the above mentioned regions.

I've seen such a store in my home country (Romania)