VJ, Saar, Lizardking, and others...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, May 14, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

I posted a few days ago..... how Equifax is dicking me around with inquires...!!!!! I noticed your post a day later, "Equifax inquiry disputes." Could you please give me more insight. I have already disputed the/my inquires! And...have the from telling me "Inquires are a matter of record of all companies that have accessed your credit file. Regular Credit Inquires remain on file for two years. Please contact the creditor directly and follow their internal fraud procedures."

What should I do Now...???? I am up for any and all suggestions you guys can give..!!! I would love to take them to court....!!!!! I have nothing better to do than make their life a living hell..!!! I do not care what it takes or what I have to do....... I will do it...!!!!!

Please.... will someone lead me in the right direction..???

Also.....No.... I am not crazy.....LOL..... I AM SICK OF EQUIFAX......!!!!!!!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AS IN MY CASE...I will dispute inquiries because I was lead to believe that I had the card..."PRE-APPROVED"...I WOULD NOT HAD SENT IT IN IF I WAS NOT PRE-APPROVED.

PROMISSORY ESTOPPLE...(sp?)

3. SM

SM Active Member

I am having the same problem with Transunion. However, sent them a letter citing the FCRA. Do you have a copy of the FCRA? If so, read Sec. 611 (a).

If not, let me know and I will post it. I did a post on here a couple of days ago in regards to this same subject, so you might do a search on inquiries to find the post which contains the text of that section of the FCRA.

Nowhere in the FCRA does it say the CA's don't have to verify inquiries. As a matter of fact, it says ANY information the consumer disputes must be verified.

So, my letter to Transunion stated they had to abide by the verification process for ANY information. I intend to consult an attorney, the FTC and the attorney general if they send me any more crap stating that they won't verify inquiries.

I have had enough from these people...and I agree to make their lives a living hell.

SM

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

look at the definition of file

(g) The term "file," when used in connection with information on any consumer, means all of the information on that consumer recorded and retained by a consumer reporting agency regardless of how the information is stored.

enough said.

5. MartysGirl

Thanks SM

Would you please post the section 611 (a) here. Thanks for your help....!!!

MartysGirl

6. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Just got home to see your post.Disputed inquiries are rapidly becoming a hot issue.FCRA's give hope that as inquiries are part of your file and everything in your file is disputable,the
    next logical extension would be that inquiries are disputable.

I know for a fact that one CRA has a inquiry dispute form letter that is sent to the person/entity that pulled your file.
    I found the main reason that the CRA's send it out is when someone applies for a mortgage and their merged file is pulled, it will sometimes come back with that persons report and also another person's who may have a same or similar name with a SS# that is off by 1 or 2 digits and /or a DOB that might be close to the original persons.Don't hear a lot of noise on this happening. I think the CRAs feel there is a lot of liability hanging and will do disputes on inquiries from these people who now have a new hard inquiry because of an direct action that the CRA took.So their actions with inquiry disputes tends to looks very subjective and possibly discriminant in nature.

I can only tell you what has worked for me .I am planning on taking my position to a third party for determination.I need more time and info.More on this to come.

The other route is disputing inquiries with the offending party.
    I've had E-Loan and Chase removed from my report in the last month.I'll dig out the letter to Chase and their response
    and post it.

VJ

7. MartysGirl

VJ..

Thanks for your input and help!

8. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

This letter was sent because the inquiry was not correct.
    It was sent to the VP of credit card operations that reported to the pres. of Chase.It was their legal dept. that got me in touch with him.

VJ

To:Chase N.A.
    Attn; Mr. xxxxx
    Fax

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

I am writing this letter as a follow-up of our conversation to an inquiry by your company accessing a hard, above the line, credit report from Experian on 3/14/2001, in error and confirmed that it should not have been pulled. Further, this was done without my authorization.

History
    1) Received letter from Chase in mail stating a credit reporting agency was used.
    2) I then pulled all three credit profiles to confirm this because I did not request any new credit from Chase. It was confirmed on Experian.
    3) I called Chase and was told it was a mistake as it looked like I was trying to upgrade to a Gold card .Confirmed I had a Platinum and would not want downgrade to Gold card!
    4) After talking on xxx, you were going to have this inquiry removed immediately and send out a confirmation letter to me.
    5) I faxed you everything you requested from me.
    6) As a week has gone by and you havenâ??t written, I pulled another Experian and itâ??s still there, bigger than day.
    7) Today faxing this letter to you.

I mean no disrespect to you, your position or Chase in any way, but I want this resolved. Your company has caused me to spent time and money on long distance calls and as of now four (4) online credit reports @$8.50 each.

I would appreciate you calling me back with an update on where this is in your office,ASAP.

I â??d like to thank you in advance for seeing this though to the end.
    Respectfully,

9. MartysGirl

Thanks...... VJ for your help... ;-)...!!!