Wachovia Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by loni, Jun 11, 2001.

1. loni

loni Member

Does any one know anything about Wachovia Bank? A charge off has appeared on my credit reports from Wachovia Bank. It states the account was opened in 1992 and charged off as of February of this year. I have disputed it and Junum has also. Junum, by the way, has done a very good job for me.

What I did notice on my last experian report is that there was Fleet CC that has been deleted in this last round with Junum, but the Fleet card has the same number as the Wachovia account. Can anyone give me some insight in to this?? Was Wachovia part of Fleet at one time??

Thank You

2. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

I believe that Fleet bough all of Wachovia's CC accounts recently. I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading about it somewhee.

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I bank at Wachovia now. Bank One bought their Consumer Credit Card Portfolio earlier this year. I haven't heard anything about Fleet though...unless Fleet and Bank One are somehow interlaced.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Wachovia deal with First Union and Bank One is not finalized yet. Wachovia may have sold this account to Fleet.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CREDIT CARD COMPANIES "BUY" AND "SELL" CREDIT CARD PORTFOLIOS LIKE STOCK...THEY CAN SELL ONE ACCOUNT OR THOUSANDS IN A GROUP...

My closed HOUSEHOLD account was sold to FLEET, but HOUSEHOLD still issues cards that are totally controlled by HOUSEHOLD...