wachovia

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbrown59, Sep 27, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Has any herd of this outfit?
    Who are they?
    What do they do?

2. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

They are a large bank with offices in the south. My niece worked for them in Atlanta.

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

They are a big bank popular in the southeastern United States. Their headquartered out of North Carolina. They were just purchased by First Union. There is a branch on every corner here in Virginia.

Dani

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

4th largest bank in the country. After the merger of Wachovia and First Union is completed, the NEW Wachovia will be headquartered in Charlotte, NC. Pretty decent account offerings. Typical regular bank with fees and everything

5. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

I have (had) a Wachovia Platinum Mastercard. It was just recently purchased by First USA.

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Before the merger with First Union they consistantly had the lowest fixed rates for credit cards in the country, according to the tv show "money talks".

www.creditsense.com

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WACHOVIA HAD PRIME WITH $88.00 FEE...
    OR PRIME PLUS ABOUT 2.00% NO FEE...

8. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Who will issue the credit cards now? Wachovia issues their own cards and MBNA issues First Union's according to their websites.

-Om

9. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Wachovia is my bank (Checking and Savings) and they are GREAT! BEST bank I have ever had, BY FAR!

The customer service is amazing.

Shawn

10. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I thought the credit card div. was purchased by FirstUSA.

Best regards,
    Sam