Wait or dispute again??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mom, Apr 22, 2001.

  1. Mom

    Mom Guest

    I will be 2 weeks since I wrote my dispute to Equifax about the lates being added continually to his collection account. I have just paid the darn thing (please no comments, we owed we paid end of story). But I needed this to be mark paid before I apply for mortgage. SHould I start another dispute with Equifax, this of course would be to dispute it closed/paid or should I wait until the other dispute comes back??

    I really don't want to wait b/c it appears they still haven't received it yet and I need this marked paid ASAP, of course the CA claimed they would update immediately, yeah right, just want to get these taken care ASAP.

  2. Mom

    Mom Guest

    Yes I have disputed online many times, just didn't want one dispute to clog the other if you know what I mean. But since the mailed dispute is a complete different dispute entirely, I guess I will start another one.

  3. roni

    roni Well-Known Member

    Mom, why dont you try the method that has worked for me. Pay and then wait a few months to dispute again. Give it some time. The worst thing that can happen is IT DOES NOT get removed AND you get your mortgage anyway.

  4. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    I know what you are saying Roni, I just need the darn thing marked paid before they run our reports for mortgage. I may dispute later on, but it will come off in less than 2 years and we will be fine with just my credit, just want the mortgage to run smoothly:)

  5. judyputy

    judyputy Well-Known Member


    If they don't update ASAP have you thought of calling the CA and asking for a letter saying that your acct is PAID in FULL. Like an ending statment? I know that sometimes it takes as much as 30 to 45 days for the reports to all update.

    I would try for a letter or statment from the CA saying the bill was satisfied. You can then just present that to the mortgage company.


Share This Page