Wal-mart store credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by am, Apr 12, 2001.

1. am

am Guest

I just received a pre approval for a Wal-Mart store credit card issued by Monogram Credit Card Bank out of Georgia.
    Looks like it is a card that you just use at Wal-Mart.
    I have to give my DOB, SS # and home phone. It literally says they will open my account if I return the acceptance certificate by May 31st.
    Anyone hear of this? Is this a good thing?

2. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Did you have a Wards card? Monogram Credit issued Wards in store credit cards (your friend at the mall who is no longer) When they purchused Wards credit cards they issued WalMart's. It is a good thing. Now you can stock up on all that NASCAR stuff WalMart's sells. (To all NASCAR fans, it just a joke please don't yell at me) :~)

3. am

am Guest

LOL....nope never had a Ward's card but they did try to give it to me several times.....that didn't sound right but you know what I mean.
    I live in a rural area of Arizona, Wal-Mart was a HUGE deal when they came into town about 7 or 8 years ago. They are still the place to shop.

am

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

am,
    I received one Walmart stores credit card re-approval offer from them last year and I didn't find any useful since they accept other bankcards like Visa/MC, Discover and Amex. So I didn't mail it back to them.

Ron.

5. am

am Guest

Well, I think of it like a Sears card. The only advantage of it is that they have those interest free offers. I went to their web site and saw right now they have no interest for 3 mos on purchases over $200.00. I think it might be a good option since besides K-Mart and Wallyworld, electronics are all at least 100 miles away.
    I wonder if they report?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WAL*MART has "HIGHER" limits than TARGET.
    WAL*MART IS OFFERING 0% INTEREST FOR 3 MONTHS (WITH MINIMUM PAYMENTS) ON SALES OVER $200
    TILL JUNE 30, 2001

JUST F.Y.I.
    AND PRE-APPROVAL IS PROBABLY A REAL ONE...

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WAL*MART REPORTS

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    Walmart card just like Sams Club Credit report to all 3 credit bureaus.

Ron.

9. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

While I'm not sure about their credit card, I make it a point to buy certain items at Wal-Mart. When purchasing electronics, such as televisions, computers, etc., most retailers will send you through absolute hell when something goes wrong with the item you've purchased. You'll either wait for what seems like forever for repairs, or you'll get the run-around treatment. Wal-Mart will take the item back for whatever reason, and you can either exchange it or get a full refund. Because of that, I wouldn't buy electronics from anyone else. Besides, their prices are pretty good, if not the best. They will meet or beat anyone else's prices as well.

For that reason, it doesn't bother me to purchase an electronic item that isn't a big name brand. Not only will I get a much better price, I'll have the peace of mind knowing that Wal-Mart will take it back if anything goes wrong. If the big name brands are important, Wal-Mart carries them as well. While the stores are usually madhouses with screaming brats running around all over the place, I've been burned by Best Buy's and Circuit City's warranty plans enough that I'll swing from the ceilings with the little monsters at Wal-Mart any day!

10. am

am Guest

thank you all very much--I called and it was a real pre-approval. I'll get the card in 7-10 days.
    I have way too many cards now. Need to trim down! :)