Walked Into Wells Fargo Financ

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Nov 9, 2000.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow.....those jokers don't have a clue to what is going on!

<keep in mind that this is my owm personal experience with them. Others appear to have had a good experience>

I walk in there and there's no one around but a whorish looking receptionish smacking her gum having some kind of phone conversation w/ her girlfriend or someone. After standing there for 2 minutes I finally interrupt her and ask to speak w/ someone regarding their credit cards and their auto loans. She looked at me and said, "Have a seat, all the reps are busy right now but someone will help you in a minute".

Almost 15 minutes later, 2 guys come out the back, chuckling and giggling like they were having a merry old time doing nothing! Then one comes up to me and asks if I need some help. I stated what I was there for and he says to come to his desk so we could talk. We talked about the auto loan first and I told him about my credit and that how I just bought a new car @ 19.81% interest 2 months ago and that I wanted to possibly refinance at a better rate. He looked at me and basically laughed in my face and said that with my credit, I should be lucky that I got a loan to begin with! Then he proceeded to tell me that the best he could do is 22.7% interest anyway. Then I mentioned that I have 2 entries on my credit from Norwest Financial (now Wells Fargo Financial) that say "settled for less than full...." and he was like, then you don't qualify PERID! That I could probably never get financing through them for ANYTHING because of this. I accepted that for what it was then moved on to the secured card. He had NO CLUE that they even had a secured card! That's when I got up and left. Oh....might I add that the whole time he was *helping* me, he was being totally rude to me by answering his phone helping others and returning pages on his pager! His cell phone rang also and got up and left for 4 minuted to go talk to his girlfriend in the back! I was like, aint this a @!#$?

Just thought I would share this with you all....

MP$40

2. Pat

Pat Guest

e mail me.

e mail me.

tell me what it is you want, exactly. secured MC? etc. I will tell you who to talk to at Wells Fargo, but I'd like to know what exactly yu want from them.

PM

3. Pat

Pat Guest

car loan

try www.peoplefirst.com

they employ idiots too, but they offer better non prime rates. the computer takes the data, runs yor credit, and decides.

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: car loan

MP - thanks for sharing the experience.
    What companies do not yet realize is that the customer they just screwed, went to the internet, now - within minutes or hours,
    people will now not consider WELLS FARGO.

Pat-sounds like you're trying to help - kewl - but MP will never set foot in a WELLS again. Also, how many customers did WELLS lose on this one experience?

MP - All of this information is great. It forces the big guys to change.

CYA Dogman

5. Cadillac408

Thanks for your comment Dogman. And your right....I don't plan on setting foot in THAT Wells Fargo Financial Branch again.

This is what happens all the time. One branch screws it up for everyone else. Then the other branches soon become 'Guilty by Association'. That's too bad. Then you're right about the whole internet thing. There is a big competition going on between the internet and the local stores. If Wells Fargo continues to treat customers like this, then people will turn to other places including the internet......then there IS NO MORE WFF! I guess I just went to a bad branch. I have heard good things about other branches though...

For all of you that have had good experiences with them, by all means......please continue to go there. NO since in messing up a good thing over one incident.

6. Cadillac408

I emailed you..

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry Pat, peoplefirst.com does not advertise that they help those with credit troubles. Read their site carefully. They say quite the opposite. They should not be recommended to credit rebuilders.

roni.

Pat wrote:
    -------------------------------
    try www.peoplefirst.com

they employ idiots too, but they offer better non prime rates. the computer takes the data, runs yor credit, and decides.

8. Pat

Pat Guest

my experience w/ peoplefirst

I have one paid charge off ('96) and one paid collection ('96) over 4 years old, some lesser stuff (90 day late '96), and credit counseling payments on a credit card account until 8/00.

The local bank declined my application for a standard 9.5% loan, and I received multiple offers of credit at >20% valid only at one particular dealer.

Peoplefirst appoved me for a 13.4% loan online in 15 minutes (valid at any dealer).

I then had to fax:

1. last paystub
    2. last bank statement
    3. copy of driver lisence
    4. utility bill

the offer of credit is valid for 30 days.

9. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Walked Into Wells Fargo Fi

MP,

Do you mind stating which branch you visited and the name of the rep you talked with? I have a professional relationship with the branch manager where my account his held. I would like to pass this information on to him. I want to tell him how I praised his company and recommended them on this site. Then tell him how as a result of my recommendation you visited them. And look what happens! I feel awful that you had this experience. I would like to tell your story to them.

10. Cadillac408

Dave Morgan, Credit Manager
    Milpitas, CA Branch
    License #0060561
    489 E. Calaveras Blvd.
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    408-946-8601
    408-946-8613 fax

The only reason why I even have this information was because I pick up his card and brochure on their cards and put it in my purse as soon as we sat down. Then when I left, I went out to my car and was fishing around in my purse for my keys and saw the card and the brochure. I threw them down on the ground but saw a POLICE officer on a motor cycle so I quickly picked them up (Milpitas Police have NOTHING better to do then to bust people for littering among other things!) and got in my car and left!

I just went out to my car just now and got them off of the floor!

11. Pat

Pat Guest

Every bank employs overworked

I will gladly put you in touch with a guy I know who reports directly to the Wells Fargo CEO if it is to help you get something to help you (like a MC).
    I am not going to help you file a complaint against the guy you mentioned with the person I know. That's overkill.

P

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: my experience w/ peoplefir

Pat your 2 R9's from '96 and a few lates may seem like bad credit to you. But to some of us that is not really considered bad credit. Did you really read MP$40post. The guy was very rude about her credit. That should turn on a light that her credit is troubled. I know a little more about her credit history because of past posting and exchanges. Similiar credit histories is very important when making recommendations. You should have asked her credit before recommended peoplefirst.com. I did not apply for them. I read their requirements and decided not to waste the inquiry. No where do they advertise as subprime or push to troubled credit folks.
    But I am not gonna debate about this. MP$40 can apply for any loan that she wants. I recommended Household. They are a finance co. but they gave me 13.9% and I had a check in the mail within 24 hrs. But Pat really, are your 2 paid collections(96) and lates equal to a judgement. Do you think they would as easily approve someone with a judgement on their credit report (sorry MP$40) .. I would like your response Pat.

roni.

Pat wrote:
    I have one paid charge off ('96) and one paid collection ('96) over 4 years old, some lesser stuff (90 day late '96), and credit counseling payments on a credit card account until 8/00.

The local bank declined my application for a standard 9.5% loan, and I received multiple offers of credit at >20% valid only at one particular dealer.

Peoplefirst appoved me for a 13.4% loan online in 15 minutes (valid at any dealer).

I then had to fax:

1. last paystub
    2. last bank statement
    3. copy of driver lisence
    4. utility bill

the offer of credit is valid for 30 days.

13. Cadillac408

Overkill?

Since when did you know anything about *OVERKILL*????

Just kidding Pat! Thanks for you help! :-D

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hey, Mp$40

I had a bad experience with a First Union customer service lady today. I just finished typing my complaint letter to her sup. and the main office in Charlotte.
    Also, if you are looking for a better rate, did you think about Household where I got financing or are you dead against having a finance co. on your report? I got 13.9% not bad with all those paid collections on my reports.

15. Cadillac408

Don't apologize Roni.....

Go ahead and just throw all my credit history out in the streets for everyone to see! Kidding Roni! :-D

Actually, when I was kinda peeking around for a car...I was on Kelly Blue Book's site and saw an advertisement for Peoplefirst.com. The first thing is said next to their logo was: Do you have excellent credit? I knew better than to even click on the logo to go to their site! My bad....actually I did click that button only to go there and use their loan calculator.

16. Cadillac408

RE: Hey, Mp$40

That's an excellet rate for people with bunk credit! The best was when my best friend went to a Mazda dealer to buy a car and she said that when she was in finance, that people were walking out of there w/ close to 30% interest rates!!!!! (Oaktree Mazda rolled her car back because they couldn't get her financed by the way!)

No, I haven't tried Household Financial......they are actually on my @!#$ list. They are the ones reporting a charge off on my account from when my ex added me to his GE Capital card? (that I NEVER used and cut up) that he blew off. I got it deleted off of my Exquifax but not any others yet. I'm waiting for the results of my judgment disputes before I start buggin Experian and TransUnion again!

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Don't apologize Roni.....

Exactly MP$40. I was just looking out for you. I am starting my 'No Inquiry At All' period. My countdown started 11/1/00.

MP$40 wrote:
    Go ahead and just throw all my credit history out in the streets for everyone to see! Kidding Roni! :-D

Actually, when I was kinda peeking around for a car...I was on Kelly Blue Book's site and saw an advertisement for Peoplefirst.com. The first thing is said next to their logo was: Do you have excellent credit? I knew better than to even click on the logo to go to their site! My bad....actually I did click that button only to go there and use their loan calculator.

18. Cadillac408

I know you got my back Roni! I aint trippin...

What is this? Credit Cards Anonymous? Your starting your 'no inquiry' period? Good luck and I'm rooting for you ;-D

Pretty soon we're going to start handing out 'No Inquiry' pins! "I've been inquiry free for 100 days!" LOL....

19. Killer

Killer Guest

Thanks... I will email the manager I know and call him. I will direct him to your post!

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have been clean for 10 days. LOL

roni.

MP$40 wrote:
    I know you got my back Roni! I aint trippin...

What is this? Credit Cards Anonymous? Your starting your 'no inquiry' period? Good luck and I'm rooting for you ;-D

Pretty soon we're going to start handing out 'No Inquiry' pins! "I've been inquiry free for 100 days!" LOL....