Walmart Preapproval

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 16, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

It must be my time to start getting small preappoved offers again. Today I got an offer for the Walmart card. Normally I despise Walmart -- I can't stand crowds or children. I've been thinking of not responding to this offer.

Does anyone see any particular advantage to opening this account? Anyone had problems with the card issuer?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AS PRE-APPROVED AS THEY GET NOW DAYS...

0% interest till JUNE 30, 2001 on charges over $200 (SIGNED RECEIPT MUST SAY $200 OR MORE).
    MINIMUM PAYMENT REQUIRED.
    0% IS REPEATABLE AS LONG YOU FOLLOW ABOVE RULES.

F.Y.I. they do also accept VISA/MC AMEX DISCOVERCARD.

USUALLY HIGHER LIMIT THAN TARGET.

NO CROWDS OR KIDS???
    11 PM TO 5 AM???

3. nelsonfan

nelsonfan Well-Known Member

My parents had this card through Chase. They signed an agreement for 9.9% fixed. About, 6 months ago Wal-Mart Chase raised my parents interest rate up to 24.9%. My mom has called several times to ask why and I have also called. They said they can not lower it at this time. What's up with this? My mom always sends the payment out a couple of days after she receives the statement. I think fixed should mean fixed, but it doesn't. Credit card companys use this to suck people in, then, when you charge your card almost up to the limit, they raise your interest rate. BEWARD.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THE WAL*MART CARD IS AN IN STORE CARD ONLY...NOT THE WAL*MART MASTERCARD BY CHASE...

YOU CAN'T USE THE WAL*MART CARD OUTSIDE WAL*MART STORES...