Wanna piece of this? huh??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 18, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

TransUnion is something else.

I sent in 5 CMRRR letters a week ago and today I get them back.......and a phone call.

This guy from TU calls me today to ask why I thought that they would even "think" about verifying 15 accounts at once.

Further, he stated that he never has seen someone so "brazen" as to send a dispute for 15 tradelines at one time!

I asked for his name and he said it was Mr. Snart.

....I thought I was being harassed, until he made it absolutely clear. He actually told me to quit wasting their time or he will forward those letters to the "US Postal Inspectors Office" for review for sending fraudulent material through the mail.

.......It wasn't til after I hung up with him and told my wife that she made a curious discovery.....

His name is "Trans" backwards!

WTF!!!!

SnakeMan

2. gucci-gurl

gucci-gurl Member

OMG.........lol............Can he really threaten you like that? Legally I mean? Don't they still have to investigate? Surely there is something you can do.....I don't see what it matters if there are 3 or 15 items to investigate, if they are not your accounts or are reporting inaccurately what does it matter.....?

Lol on his name..........lol

GG

3. snakeman

I should be laughing too. After all, he was pretty clever. Unfortunately, I spent a good amount of time and money on CMRRR letters that now are probably in a trash can underneath an old cheese sandwich and yesterdays smelly coffee filter.

Bastards!

SnakeMan

4. gucci-gurl

gucci-gurl Member

I'm sorry that you spent all that time and money Snake man........I'll be the next to get a call.....I just disputed about 12 accts online........maybe I'll also get a call from Mr Snart......lol

So where do you go from here then? Do you have any ideas of what you will do now?

GG

5. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

Some how I dobt this story.

I dont think any employee would be this stupid. He would be setting up his company for a huge lawsuit.

6. snakeman

Read the post titled "car insurance after repo"....he gave me a good idea!

j/k

SnakeMan

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

bump

8. snakeman

You do huh?

I can assure you that I DID have this conversation today with a gentleman representing himself as a TU employee.

I appreciate your comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Unfortunatly, you're wrong. Please apologize for incennuating that I have nothing better to do than to right BS posts.

Go away....

SnakeMan

P.S. Doubt D. O. U. B. T. doubt

9. gucci-gurl

gucci-gurl Member

I saw your post on car insurance after repo......lol....I'm glad you aren't going to take that option......

10. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Well, Snakeman, I'm in company with you because I disputed that many all at once, too, but I did it online.

Now, I'm getting to where I do online and letter disputes at the same time.

So far, it's been working for me. Got a lot off right off the bat, now down to the stubborn few.

11. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

Apologize for what??? Doubting this happened??

LOL. I will do no such thing. How would I know if you have anything else to do. I just said I doubt it happened.

Someone got very defensive over someone else's OPINION.

12. gucci-gurl

gucci-gurl Member

Glad to know I'm in good company here......I'm not the only one disputing many TL's at once.........I disputed about 12 with TU last time and approx 10 were deleted......maybe they are getting tired of having to investigate and verify so many at once.......maybe I should start disputing less each time.
    GG

13. snakeman

I guess I have had time to really think this whole telephone call over and I think it pretty much tells me that they are on to me. I know for sure that they get lots of letters from lots of folks. Is it inconceivable that some guy there thought he'd be a "big shot" and call me in front of some of his male co-workers and generate a chuckle at my expense?

.........truth is, if I worked there.....I would!

Straddling the fence,

SnakeMan

14. gucci-gurl

gucci-gurl Member

Snakeman.....don't give up so easily....that's exactly what he is expecting you to do.......isnt there something in the law that says that a CA or CRA cannot threaten you with fraud for trying to validate and verify a debt? I'd call back and ask them to give you this in writing.....or call and ask to speak to a supervisor or someone in their legal dept. I don't think I'd just let this go so easily.
    GG

15. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Wanna piece of this?

I know the guy very well. Snart...I think his name is "Noinu Snart" or something like that. He does that to me all the time. I've gotten used to it.

16. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Wanna piece of this?

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(3) Determination that dispute is frivolous or irrelevant.

(A) In general. Notwithstanding paragraph (1), a consumer reporting agency may terminate a reinvestigation of information disputed by a consumer under that paragraph if the agency reasonably determines that the dispute by the consumer is frivolous or irrelevant, including by reason of a failure by a consumer to provide sufficient information to investigate the disputed information.

(B) Notice of determination. Upon making any determination in accordance with subparagraph (A) that a dispute is frivolous or irrelevant, a consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of such determination not later than 5 business days after making such determination, by mail or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

(C) Contents of notice. A notice under subparagraph (B) shall include

(i) the reasons for the determination under subparagraph (A); and

(ii) identification of any information required to investigate the disputed information, which may consist of a standardized form describing the general nature of such information.

I doubt you authorized them to call you. Take a breathe and lets see if they notify you IN WRITING, WITHIN 5 B-DAYS.

Geez

17. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Ya think?

:)~

You guy's need to slooow waaay down. We do want you to be successful, so don't get mad at me for bitchin at ya.

18. snakeman

Give up so easily? I know what I have here is quite wonderful in the sense that they actually said what they said. I caught them screwing with my legal rights and the guy was wrong for doing so.

But what recourse would I have? I am in a 2 party state for recording conversations. I have no proof.
    And calling them up and speaking to their "legal department" cannot possibly make things better for me by stirring up crap.

I may have lost this battle, but that's ok. I have learned what goes around comes around. This guy will get his.

SnakeMan

19. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

You don't have anything in writing.

20. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I don't doubt for one second that this did happen. I once was on the receiving end of a threatening letter from a highly placed employee of TU. Some of you will recall the this board is being watched thread.

Without having this threat in writing or recorded, there isn't much you can do about it.