Want to apply for Citibank car

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Oct 13, 2000.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I included 2 Citibank cards in my BK from 1992 (total of about $3000), and applied for a *secured* card in March and was *denied* (sent in a check with application and it was returned). That's harsh!!

Anyway, when I was denied for the secured card I called Citibank's credit department and made this suggestion: Issue me another card with the balance being $3000 plus interest for the last 8 years. So in a sense, I would repay them all of their money, and my credit limit would be whatever I pay down on the card. Makes good sense huh?

They said NO! I do not know how to get back into Citibank's good graces!! Any suggestions?

chet

2. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I applied....will keep you pos

I got the message "Your application for an Citibank credit card is accepted and being processed, results will be sent to your address. I personally think that I am F**CKED, but I'll let you know.

chet

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: I applied....will keep you

forgive me for asking, but which card did you apply for exactly?

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

The Citibank AAAdvantage card. It seems to be a basic card, 19.40% on purchases. Your advice was very helpful! Hope I get it!

chet

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

good luck. if you dont get it apply in a little while. would you be interested in applying for the chase classic mastercard.

6. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Absolutely!

Is the Chase card that difficult to get? I fly Continental frequently and use the One Pass which I know Chase offers frequent flyer miles. I would probably get approved easier through them than Citibank.

chet

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Absolutely!

ok, i dont know if its easier, but I got a card for 2k limit 1.5 months ago. They dont offer instant approval. I thought i was declined until the card came in the mail. I called them to make sure it was for real, and they encouraged me to apply for the gold after 90 days. they only take one application in 90 days. So is it worth one inquiry. To be honest, they gave me the nerve to apply to citibank and you know that story. write back and i will show you where to go and how to apply. The airline card I didnot get. I got a classic card. I think the airline card is platinum but iam not sure.