Want to rent apt in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CAmove, Oct 12, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dogman

I think you are a very courageous MAN. I envy that....finding a man such as yourself.

You know I am not one to go off on people but that guy just pushed my buttons. The nerve of some people....judging others, not thinking before they speak, so on and so forth.

People need to really sit back and think about their lives and what they want to change about it. Tomorrow is not promised to neither one of us. If bk is what you must do to survive another day....then so be it. Who cares what others think about you. You were born alone and you're going to die alone. Just try not to kick the bucket before it time. Remember, blessings are given out each and every day. It's up to the individual to accept them, embrace it, then share them with others. Only then will we live in a perfect world.....everyone then will be equal!

Sean, I didn't mean to lash out....I'm just trying to save you from yourself...or someone else who may not have to courage to talk with you and show you your true colors.

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Your message made me smile :)

Thx Mother. AND, Sean, nice meeting you. You see that a lot of us know each other here and are protective of one another. We are friends and hope you will join us!

99% of the people who need credit rebuilding/advice are here because circumstances caused it.

To be blunt - I make well over a six figure income - even after the dot.com drop. Yes I live in CA.
    Yes I pay a lot of taxes. I had never been late on any payment since college.

SEAN, what would you have done if your DR told you to go get whatever you want - you're going to be dead in a year!
    WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

Remember, I am intelligent and successful.
    SEAN, my credit card lines were $140K. I had life insurance - who cared? Everything was covered.

Then, GOD let me live. Then, I no longer had $140K covered. I went to several financial advisors and debt agencies and attorneys - then filed Chap 13. A bad thing to do? Nope - it was the necessary thing to do. Finances are much less a priority than LIFE!

Welcome to our board - its a GOOD WEEK!

THX again for your smile Mother :) Dogman

3. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Re: Your message made me smile :)

Oh Dogman,
    It makes me cry to think of how many times I have known people in your situation. Dear, true friends of mine who were told the exact same thing, and went overboard trying to give their loved ones a lifetime of material things before their time was up.

I have two wonderful friends in particular to whom this happened. 10-12 years ago, it seemed the truest thing in the world, and no one could blame them, for trying to fit a lifetime into a year, and trying to do the most for their families, friends, significant others while they still could.

Thankfully they were spared, but had to find twice the courage to not only survive in the physical world, but to rebuild from financial disaster. I dont know why some people seem to get so much more than their share of hardship. But I am thankful that my friends are still here, and strong enough to keep on keeping on. To them, and to you, and to all our friends, whatever their situations may be, I say, keep your head up.

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Re: Your message made me smile :)

Thanks very much Mary! :)
    YUP - it was an amazing overnight event after the AIDS cocktail came out.

I am blessed - and our country will be blessed.
    later and many personal thanks - dogman

5. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Mother and Dogman

Just wanted to say that both your stories resonate with me. I do volunteer work at a battered women's shelter assisting these women with their financial issues (credit repair, budgeting, getting loans, etc.). Everyone of these women has left a horrendous situation with little more than the clothes on their backs. Usually their financial lives are in as much chaos as their personal lives are. And because one of the first casualties of domestic abuse is self-esteem and confidence. many of these women (even those who know what to do) a timid about taking the necessary steps. My credit is fine and I was a nervous wreck getting a car loan last week. I can't imagine negotiating that process if my credit were in a shambles and I had internalized at some level that I was worthless. I don't handhold my clients, but I do act as a knowledgeable cheerleader. So kudos to you Mom, I have never been a victim of domestic abuse, but I have witnessed those who have and then rebuilt their lives. I am in awe of their , and your, daily acts of courage.

Hey Dog, I can't tell you how much your story makes me smile when I think of it. I've lost a good number of friends to this plague. The last one actually passed on the day that the FDA approved the use of protease inhibitors in February 1996. I also have a number of friends who found themselves in the same boat you were. Dodged a major bullet and then found themselves in a heap of debt, filed BK, put together their financial lives and are still in the business of leading a healthy and vibrant life. Everyday is a celebration of a miracle. I am in awe of these acts of courage, too.

Thank you both. Your lives remind me to be courageous.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Re: Mother and Dogman

I am very appreciative of your thoughts :)
    thanks - but other people have more difficult issues than myself - so many people need help!

THX - dog

7. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I agree with Dogman. So many others need help now. When I needed help, there wasn't any. There is a woman now who is fighting for some kind of law that will enable women of domestic violence to keep their jobs. I lost my job because of the constant harassment. If I had my job, I probably wouldn't have ended up with all this "bad credit". But.....

You just keep on helping those who need it. Believe me....You will be rewarded.

God Bless.

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

camover,

You may want to look at the USC/dowtown area. My boyfriend has a studio of off Figeroua Ave. in the USC district for $500 a month.