want to restablish but who wil

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Robin R. W, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Robin R. W

Robin R. W Guest

I have 2 major credit card that are one year + Past due one of them is with Providian and I believe it was written off and the other one was with Merrick bank.. I was young (18) hardly any income and didn't know what the hell I was doing.. So my question is : does anyone know what bank will issue me a credit card now. Someone said Capital One.. ??? Anyone?

2. Stormie

Stormie Guest

RE: want to restablish but who

yes, you may try capital one they do issue secured cards, but another great bank is First consumers National Bank, both of these banks have websites. www.capitalone.com you can apply for their card right online and recieve instant approval, www.fcnb.com , and ask for application to be mailed to you. There are other banks out there like Netfirst but i'm told they aren't reccommened unless you can not get credit any other way. They are advertised on this sight. I am not farmilar with them but have hear lots of complaints. To find out more info try doing a search typing in the bank name and see what it pulls up. Good luck to you. Keep us posted , hopefully we all can help get you back on the right track.

3. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Robin:

I have been in your situation, I also trashed my credit at a young age, but I can honestly tell you that you can definitely get a second chance at good credit, all it takes is a little patience and responsability, from what you stated you will probably want to start with a secured card and then build from there. Capital One is a good choice, they are a good bank.

Good luck to you, let me know if I can be of any help.

Regards,
    Alex
    -----------------
    Credit Cards, Loans, Free Credit Repair:
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Try looking into Orchard Bank. It has a website that describes its secured and unsecured card programs. The interest rate a slightly less than Captial One and Orchard is better about granting frequent and generous credit line increases. I have seen posts to this Board from people complaining that Capital One is very slow to unsecure its accounts even when people have rapaired their credit sufficiently that they are receiving pre-approved platinum offers.

I have been with Orchard for several years and stay with them because they lowered my interest rate, waived annual fees, and the customer service is excellent.

5. Wes

Wes Guest

advice

I'm young and looking for a credit card right now and I don't want to make mistakes. What have you learned that you could tell me?

6. renae

renae Guest

RE: advice

Wes, you sound like a smart guy by virtue of the fact that you are asking the question! I got myself in deep trouble when I was young and was very irresponsible in taking care of my bill and my credit. This is something that I will always regret because here it is many, many years later and I am still suffering from it severely.

The best advice, don't overspend! Do not overextend yourself--It's very tempting. Fancy cars, hi tech stereo equipment, high piced luxury apartments, etc. The show Beverly Hills 90210 is just a TV show. I think kids these days feel like they are supposed to be able to live like that and really do try! There is no shame is working for what you have. You don't have to have the BEST of everything. Use your 20's to really build your credit by getting into the habit of good habits. Pay at least your minimum each month and pay it on time. Don't be so concerned about appearances. This will all pay off. When you are in your 30's and are ready to purchase your first home, or start a family your good credit will be very much needed and you will have it! You can buy that nice house, afford that fancier car, etc.

7. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

RE: advice

Listen to this!!! As hard as it may seem to understand, it is true. From age 18 to 19, I went out and got tons of credit (cars, credit cards, personal loans). I went beyond overextending myself. Now, at 26, I am trying to rebuild my credit to buy a house, and it is VERY difficult. My advice is to only spend what you can afford to pay off. That way, when anything unforeseen happens, it won't hurt your credit.

8. Winds

Winds Guest

I have been working on re-establishing my credit. People complain about the low limits on the Cap 1 cards. I am THANKFUL that someone was willing to give me the $200. That is all I have good going for me right now, other than paying of my student loans and a car. I get those pre-approved platinum card offers all the time. I know there is no chance in a million years they will ever approve me (especially as the last offer I got was from Discover Platinum and they are one of the larger debts I accumulated that destroyed my credit... long story, no excuses). The pre-approved offers are generated through some basic information requests. Your credit history has not been reviewed in any way, shape or form before the company decides if they should send out the application. Just and FYI.

dave wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Try looking into Orchard Bank. It has a website that describes its secured and unsecured card programs. The interest rate a slightly less than Captial One and Orchard is better about granting frequent and generous credit line increases. I have seen posts to this Board from people complaining that Capital One is very slow to unsecure its accounts even when people have rapaired their credit sufficiently that they are receiving pre-approved platinum offers.

I have been with Orchard for several years and stay with them because they lowered my interest rate, waived annual fees, and the customer service is excellent.

9. Robin R. W

Robin R. W Guest

Does any one know if Capitol one will approve people with some past bad credit and some recently good credit.. I am looking for a unsecured credit card with my situation above and need to know if they I am likely to get approved before I apply.. Anyone get approved with some unpaid past credit cards.